A New Era for Hayward's Farm and Sportfish

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a dedicated thread for discussing article: A New Era for Hayward's Farm and Sportfish

http://www.fishingmagic.com/news_events/18367-a-new-era-for-hayward-s-farm-and-sportfish.html

2016-fishery-launch-hero.jpg

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Re: A New Era for Hayward's Farm and Sportfish

I've fished this venue many times and found it enjoyable and challenging. Not at all keen on "installing casting platforms" or indeed boat fishing although that would be the obvious way to reach the unreachable.

I assume Lake Savage is the existing Catch & Release lake which is (was) a joy to fish with a buzzer in the surface layers for some quite exceptionally good looking brown trout alongside fully finned rainbows.

Fortunately I now live somewhat further away from the venue so I won't really miss it (must find another more local alternative).

The price of progress &/or corporate branding I guess.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score

Like you Neil I have fished it a few times and was always impressed with the place.

The addition of the boats might be a good idea, as you say, to reach the unreachable . . . .

However, I am a little concerned with the following phrase:

" plans are also underway for developing the rest of the site too"

I do hope that won't result in the place being spoiled . . . . .

Last edited:

stu_the_blank

Reaction score

Hi Gents

A long time off the forum but have fished here a few times over the last few months, enjoyable and challenging, I agree.

Will have to see how Sportfish intend to improve the place but it may not be all bad. The place needs some investment.

Stu