Normark Titan 2000. worth getting repaired?

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Well in common with many owners the top 3inches have gone. Sat in shed for ages.

Repair possible? Or just rewhip the top eye on and keep using? Put on ebay.? Generally good condition.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Not worth it Graham, you'd be far better off asking me to take the middle and butt section off your hands as spares.......................;)

Or it might be worth giving these guys a ring................

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well in common with many owners the top 3inches have gone. Sat in shed for ages.

Repair possible? Or just rewhip the top eye on and keep using? Put on ebay.? Generally good condition.

It would depend on the condition of the rod Graham.
Repaire wise I reckon i'd want the best rod builder/ repairer I could find to splice a new top section into the broken one rather than try to get a new top section.
Reason for that is because I spoke to the person in the link that bb has put up a few years ago about a repair/or a new top section for a team 2000 avenger, he said the new section might be a different colour ! He reccommended a repair but I didn't like the sound of it and went on to sell the rod on ebay as it was with the broken top section (which was broken half way down). I remember getting over a 100 notes for it even broken as the rod was in very good condition appart from the break lol.
I think if I was you i'd let it go, bb will buy it he's loaded so will give you a good price ;).

barbelboi

Reaction score
Surely if the new tip section was spliced in it would completely alter the action (flat spotting) Ian. Bearing in mind that the 2000 series were, as far as I'm aware, the first rods to use the ‘new’ technology of providing suitable fine hollow one piece tips.

Loaded my ar$e!! I'll have you know that I'm a poor pensioner who's hoping that Graham offers me a free river ticket along with my bacon butties..........:wh

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's why a top rod builder who have to be employed to do the job. Who ever did it would need to get the right peice of carbon to splice in so as to leave no or as little a flat spot as is possible.

Not loaded he says...you "ewd coffin dodgers (wink)" are always crying poverty and we all know your drippin' with cash :) lol.
Only recently you've sneaked an acolyte into your collection...poor old pensioner indeed :).

barbelboi

Reaction score
Two completely different rods Ian, the Titan is the 12' version that is still my first choice for the small rivers and streams that I often fish and I still enjoy using it as much as I did 17 years ago when I bought it.

The Ultra is a 14'er bought to replace my aging 15'GTI with something much lighter for the long sessions that I do;)

Times are so hard these days that I have to wait for the four or five times a year that JD is on offer @ £15 a bottle before i can buy a crate..............

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Two completely different rods Ian, the Titan is the 12' version that is still my first choice for the small rivers and streams that I often fish and I still enjoy using it as much as I did 17 years ago when I bought it.

The Ultra is a 14'er bought to replace my aging 15'GTI with something much lighter for the long sessions that I do;)

Times are so hard these days that I have to wait for the four or five times a year that JD is on offer @ £15 a bottle before i can buy a crate..............

I reckon the accy will blow the legs out from under the gti then ! Those gti's would be handy for clearing undergrowth from your swim ;).

Lol at the wait for JD offer.....crates at a time :eek: :eek:mg:

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Thanks replies.

Now I have had a good look now out of the shed.
And not so sure its lost any tip.

Could anyone who has a 13ft one please check to see if mid section is about 1/2 inch shorter than butt section and top section and inch shorter than that as standard.

The rubber bit a bit marked as is the handle. One eye re whipped.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks replies.

Could anyone who has a 13ft one please check to see if mid section is about 1/2 inch shorter than butt section and top section and inch shorter than that as standard.

Graham, just put it together and measure it ;)
If I remember rightly the tip section was shorter than the mid section and the mid section was shorter than the butt section....it seemed some varied more than others, wierd as it sounds.

Last edited:

robtherake

Reaction score
Thanks replies.

I think you're in the clear, Graham, judging by this photo...and look what it went for. :eek:

Normark titan 2000 fishing rod | eBay

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Wish it was as good as that one Ray.

It is just the 13ft. I was concerned because of the differing lengths even though it is 13ft.

It has a rubber screw down bit not cork. Is this a mk2 version.?

Thanks all help.

Added. Didn't fish today but Wye anglers struggled on 3 diff sections.
About 1 barbel per 3 anglers between Hereford and Ross to my knowldge/reports.

Out tomorrow pm for a go.

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wish it was as good as that one Ray.

It is just the 13ft. I was concerned because of the differing lengths even though it is 13ft.

It has a rubber screw down bit not cork. Is this a mk2 version.?

Thanks all help.

Added. Didn't fish today but Wye anglers struggled on 3 diff sections.
About 1 barbel per 3 anglers between Hereford and Ross to my knowldge/reports.

Out tomorrow pm for a go.

Both the 2000's and the mkII's have a duplon screw down peice on the reel seat.

The fishing was pretty much the same up here Graham.