Graham Elliott: Camping for Tench

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a dedicated thread for discussing article: Graham Elliott: Camping for Tench

http://www.fishingmagic.com/fm-features/18373-graham-elliott-camping-for-tench.html

files.php

Read Graham Elliott's mildly shocking account of his short stay at a Kent tench venue: seems there are 'wrong 'uns' in the Animal Kingdom as well...

barbelboi

Reaction score
I don't know - some people will go to any devious means to try to win the tench challenge............................;)

A most enjoyable article Graham..................

john step

Reaction score
Good read. That is very common with mallards. They often drown the females in their excitement.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Excellent read that Graham and some fine tench as well.

Note: (I'll embarrass him now) :)
Graham is a frequent supporter and donor for such auctions and other good causes often donating premium sums in the process. The silly sod once paid a King's Ransom to such a cause for the dubious pleasure of a day out with me blanking whilst chasing barbel.
:thumbs:

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Thank you all for the kind comments.

And despite what Neil says I had a great day with him. After experimenting with ledgered tares after some rather large chub at the New weir, and realising he had pinched the best swim, I had some lovely fat chub trotting.

In fact at least half as many as him!!!!
G

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A very enjoyable read. I met Nate last year whilst we were both in search of large Perch, it was Nate's help, enthusiasm and knowledge that helped me locate the specimen fish and somewhat fortunate to finish top of the perch challenge, he's a good lad.

robtherake

Reaction score
Nice read, Graham - looks like a fabulous venue. Shame about the duck, though; I've seen some violence but never anything that extreme. :eek:

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
It's a good venue, Graham - hard, wild and non-commercial. I more or less lived there for 15 years but came away when the litter situation became unbearable. Thankfully, it is now syndicate and litter-free.