Sufix Fishing Lines

fichie23

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone no where I can get the Sufix Elite clear mono at the lower breaking strains here in the uk?

Been searching hi and low with no joy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Anthony

rayner

Reaction score
If it's the same Sufix I used (not sure of the spelling) it was an Italian line I liked for bloodworm and punch fishing in .06.
It was rated at a much higher poundage than other lines, the claims were true.
On my own test .06 broke around 2.5 pound, is this the stuff you mean fichie.
The last time I found some was from Godmalding angling about 5 year ago.
I don't know if they are still trading. If they are and you can find their number he may be able to help.
I know he told me he was trying to get a franchise to be the only supplier in the UK, I used to check with him weekly but I got browned off making weekly calls with no joy. I looked for his number but can't find it.
Sorry for the long reply fichie.
By the way if you do find any give me a nod please.

fichie23

Reaction score
Nice one chrissh will get some of that at that price.

Yeah rayner the sufix gear has excellent pound/diameter specs and as you say seem to be pretty accurately stated in my experience.

I think they are an american brand though as there is loads available on the US market and very little elsewhere. Unfortunately paying duty on US gear means ordering oversees in small amounts isn't viable.

Will continue the search as its awesome stuff. Will let you know if I find a decent supplier.

sam vimes

Reaction score
In the UK, Sufix is one of the Shimano Normark UK brands, along with the likes of Rapala and PowerPro. As I understand it, lots of Sufix lines and braids were cleared through the likes of Eric's Angling. What you see offered by Eric's, at big discounts, are the remnants of that clearance. I've not seen any new stocks of Sufix product for quite some time.

seth49

Reaction score
Title

Home
Products
Distributors
Line Info
News
Contact
DISTRIBUTORS
To find a dealer near you, please contact a distributor in your region.
AArgentina
Australia
Austria
BBahrain
Belarus
Bolivia
Brasil
Bulgaria
CCanada
Chile
China
Colombia
Costa Rica
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
DDenmark
EEcuador
Egypt
El Salvador
Estonia
FFinland
France
GGermany
Greece
Guatemala
HHungary
IIceland
India
Indonesia
Iran
Ireland
Israel
Italy
JJapan
KKazakshtan
Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia
Kuwait
LLatvia
Lebanon
Lithuania
MMalaysia
Maldives
Malta
Marocco
Mexico
Mongolia
NNew Zealand
Nicaragua
Norway
OOman
PPakistan
Panama
Peru
Poland
Portugal
QQatar
RRomania
Russia
SSerbia
Slovenia
South Africa
South Korea
Spain
Sri Lanka
Suriname
Sweden
Switzerland
TTaiwan
Thailand
The Netherlands
Trinidad and Tobago
Tunis
Turkey
UUkraine
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom
Uruguay
USA
VVenezuela
Vietnam

Feedback Change Region
© Rapala VMC Corporation
Gowen & Bradshaw Ltd

Phone: +35391483100

Fax: +35391787007

E-mail: Toby@gowbrad.ie

Postal address:
Unit 10, Glenascaul Business Park, Oranmore
Galway
Ireland
Ireland

The above are listed as the stockists in Ireland, can't find any in uk.
Hope this helps.

fichie23

Reaction score
Real shame its not easier to come by as I've tried loads of alternatives and cant really find anything up to the task. Will drop Shimano Normark UK an email tomorrow to inquire further.

Thanks for the replies all.

rayner

Reaction score
Nice one chrissh will get some of that at that price.

Yeah rayner the sufix gear has excellent pound/diameter specs and as you say seem to be pretty accurately stated in my experience.

I think they are an american brand though as there is loads available on the US market and very little elsewhere. Unfortunately paying duty on US gear means ordering oversees in small amounts isn't viable.

Will continue the search as its awesome stuff. Will let you know if I find a decent supplier.

I don't know if the line I used and the line that came from Godmalding angling was the same that you are after fichie but the Sufix I had was definitely Italian.
Godmalding had a contact number in Italy, his contact was called Sylvana.
I've just spent two hours looking in my tackle room looking for a spool of 0.10 I know it's there somewhere, I will find it and the Italian address will be there.

kenpm

Reaction score
I think the o.06 line you used from Italy is SARFIX which is a a different company and I think they went bust some years ago as their products just vanished.
You can still get Suffix lines from Shimano Normark sometimes or Gardner who used to be the distributor have some residual stock so a tackle shop who deals with either should be able to get some.

rayner

Reaction score
You may just have cleared up my confusion Kenpm.
Thanks I thought I was cracking up.
Whatever the name it was the best hook link line I have ever used without a doubt. I will still search for the spool I have, it's eluding me at the moment but it can't be far away.

kenpm

Reaction score
There were some good lines around then from companies like Milo,Sarfix,Ignesti,Colmic to name but a few but the only really strong one now is the Trabucco T1 or Tubertini Next is not bad.
They all originated from one Japanese factory but sold under different names.
There is a fixed physical limit to the strength of any nylon line no matter how it is altered by co-polymers etc. and the only way to improve on the strength/diameter ratio is to pre stretch the line but this seems to have fallen out of favour because knot strength and suppleness is considered a bigger advantage.
One thing I will say about all nylon lines is dont believe the stated breaking strains or stated diameters of any line.

Aussie Bob

Reaction score
I have some Sufix Siege line but checking doesnt look like they made it under 5.5lb breaking strain. I am pretty sure i ditched using it as i lost a few fish where the line parted (not bad knots) i think it didn't have much in the way of abrasion resistance or i could have just got a bad batch. Shame its nice and soft and has very little memory at all.