''Your approach for the opening''.

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Given that conditions ''will allow'' I was wondering how many of you guys will be hoping ''to float fish'' as opposed to feeder/quiver.

I may be wrong, but I get the impression most seem to favour feeder fishing over the humble float. Just interested in the ratio's.

B

binka

I was all geared up with a few pints of reds and really looking forward to some trotting but I've reluctantly swapped the gear around for the Avons given the state of the river around here.

Pellet with hemp and groundbait will be the revised way to go with meat as back up, I've got some good swims in mind provided I can reach 'em :)

flightliner

Reaction score
I,m on the float, hopefully three differant areas, one that holds some big chub, another a nest of Barbel, and the last a very few really big roach that I saw on a recce some three weeks ago.
Obviously , with the conditions my first choice method may not be possible or less preferable so I rigged up a lead rod in the garage an hour back just in case. Trotted bread, pellet and maggot / or bread in each case.

Hugh Bailey

Reaction score
Just rigged up 2 feeder rods to start with. Won't be able to trot first thing, but as soon as it is light enough, out comes the stickfloat, assuming I can get a decent swim. I'd probably catch more / better on the feeder but I really want to give the float a good go.

soft plastic

Reaction score
On the float. Prebaited swim, laying on with bread flake. Tench and bream, hopefully!

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
If I can bag one of the swims I fancy, I'll be roaching on the float, with bread-and-bran groundbait, and bread or wheat on the hook.
If I can't, mussels (mostly) will be ledgered in hopes of one of the bearded ones paying a visit.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Float every time for me, but i don't bother with the 16th, nor do the fish, they don't know the end or start of the close season.

rubio

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing a float trundle along the surface. I'm hopeful it might even go under now and again.