river thames in marlow

fishfriend

Reaction score
good evening all hope you are well. so the river thames in marlow, where does each stretch start? I know that from boune end to the rugby club is part of LAA and between that and cardboard castle is free fishing, how far up does the free fishing go as well as the MAC town stretch as im a MAC member and fancy trying dropshot fishing. thanks all :)

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I think you'll find the ' free ' stretch borders the MAC stretch and from memory I thought this was pointed out in the MAC blurb handed out when joining ?? Might be wrong on this so maybe worth checking with the club....

I would imagine the signs are still up along the bank although its many years since \I fished it - maybe worth a walk from Spade Oak up to the motorway bridge as some very nice bays and slacks to be fished - AND the signs !!

Good luck !

The free stretch opposite the ' castle ' has produced some good winter perch in the past with the water well up so well worth a try and maybe a roving type of fishing the best way to go woth your dropshotting ??

ps Usually very quiet during the week so some nice quiet fishing to be had .............................

Last edited:

fishfriend

Reaction score
I think you'll find the ' free ' stretch borders the MAC stretch and from memory I thought this was pointed out in the MAC blurb handed out when joining ?? Might be wrong on this so maybe worth checking with the club.... I would imagine the signs are still up along the bank although its many years since \I fished it - maybe worth a walk from Spade Oak up to the motorway bridge as some very nice bays and slacks to be fished - AND the signs !! Good luck ! The free stretch opposite the ' castle ' has produced some good winter perch in the past with the water well up so well worth a try and maybe a roving type of fishing the best way to go woth your dropshotting ?? ps Usually very quiet during the week so some nice quiet fishing to be had .............................

awesome thanks

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Just one other boring bit to do with safety.....The banks under and downstream of the motorway bridge over the Marlow by-pass are quite steep, ( or at least they used to be ) and the water very deep !
They banks may well have changed since my last visit, but it is not a place you would want to fall in..............

Finally, you probably know you can reach the area under the motorway from Marlow town centre direction, but if you don't I suggest you have a look at a map and work out how to get there. Plenty of parking available !

Good luck !!

Last edited:

fishfriend

Reaction score
Just one other boring bit to do with safety.....The banks under and downstream of the motorway bridge over the Marlow by-pass are quite steep, ( or at least they used to be ) and the water very deep ! They banks may well have changed since my last visit, but it is not a place you would want to fall in.............. Finally, you probably know you can reach the area under the motorway from Marlow town centre direction, but if you don't I suggest you have a look at a map and work out how to get there. Plenty of parking available ! Good luck !!
thanks so much. luckily I only live 5/10 mins walk from the bridge, I think the field near it is called gosmore park or something like that? looks like a nice spot for perch

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Sounds like you are one of the filthy rich, then............Add a smilie here !

In addition, the stretch between Marlow road bridge and the motorway bridge is very interesting and its well worthwhile following some of the footpaths and side roads in the area. Lots of interesting bits of water in and around the locks / weirs IMO, BUT if you don't already know it, you will need to do some homework - -and a little walking !!

fishfriend

Reaction score
Sounds like you are one of the filthy rich, then............Add a smilie here ! In addition, the stretch between Marlow road bridge and the motorway bridge is very interesting and its well worthwhile following some of the footpaths and side roads in the area. Lots of interesting bits of water in and around the locks / weirs IMO, BUT if you don't already know it, you will need to do some homework - -and a little walking !!
I wish i was rich lol, luckily I know the area pretty well but it has been a good few years since ive been down that way