how do from sw scotland

devon stalker

Reaction score
hiya just joined ,seems to be a decent forum ;) ,ive just about re kitted myself out after a 35 odd year lay off from coarse fishing ,aint things changed :eek: ? ,i used to do a bit of match fishing then went over to a bit of carp and tench fishing but as things sometimes do i drifted off into family life then a bit of game and sea fishing but with getting a bit more decrepit and aching bones ive a serious hankering for some coarse fishing again ,hopefully a bit of tench and carp fishing during the warmer weather and a bit of piking during the winter months !pike venues are sorted and now looking at some local carp and tench but seems to be a bit of a lack of info now "castle loch lochmaben " which is local to me and used to have some decent fish in it years back .anyway thats a start on here .all the best .

greenie62

Reaction score
Welcome to the mad-house!
Having been on hols a couple of times up to SW Scotland - Dumfries area and on the Clyde - there seems to be an absolute dearth of coarse fishing in the area and had to break the fly rods out! :)

When I came back and recounted my complaints to a friend he went beserk and said I'd missed some of the best River fishing in the country on the Clyde around Biggar - Lamington :rolleyes:

Seems to be one of the best-kept secrets around - although with the Tourist Board's concentration being on 'bigging-up' the Game Fishing - you have to wonder whether this is due to a conspiracy or cock-up!

I'm sure anglers south of the Border would love to know of any spots due a serious looking-at over the Border - for a bit of Coarse fishing if we find ourselves on holidays in this apparent Angling desert!

Tight Lines:thumbs: