Overnight brollies

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I' ve been having a nosey at overnight brollies and can't get my head round the sizes of them....I mean how is it possible for a 50, 55 or 60 inch brolly to be large enough to fit in a full sized bivvy bed which must be at least 62 inch long to allow you to stretch out if your 6ft tall?.....i'm a little confused....i'm only 5ft 2inch in my 6ich stilettoes by the way :).
Also, some... the jrc s2 for example appear are more like bivvies with no front on 'em and some others like the wychwood ones are more like a brolly with the pole removed.
Has anyone got any experience of using one of these contraptions and managed to find a good 'n for a sensible price?
Cheers chaps :).

B

binka

My Aqua Fast & Light suits me down to the ground, it will take a full length bed but not a "wide boy" type due to the inner storm flap thingies.

I only ever use it with a chair though so it's not a problem for me either way.

I'm not sure where the measurements on these things are taken, as you say the sums don't always add up with the length of the beds.

Re. the price, I managed to find an unused one on Ebay which was held back on the price as it was collection only and I bagged it for under a hundred quid, I think the current rrp is around £280 :)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My Aqua Fast & Light suits me down to the ground, it will take a full length bed but not a "wide boy" type due to the inner storm flap thingies.

I only ever use it with a chair though so it's not a problem for me either way.

I'm not sure where the measurements on these things are taken, as you say the sums don't always add up with the length of the beds.

Re. the price, I managed to find an unused one on Ebay which was held back on the price as it was collection only and I bagged it for under a hundred quid, I think the current rrp is around £280 :)

.....280 firkin quid for a brolly :eek:... hang on Steve, i'm feelin' a little faint, i'm off changin'me skids then for a lye down :eek:mg:.

The wychwooed ones and JRC mkiI' seem to be 70 to 80 notes posted on ebay, that seems expensive to me but it's more in my reach than your Aqua.

B

binka

Lol...

I've got to admit I would never have paid anything near to the new price either Ian, I'd admired 'em for a while and when I had a chance at that one I bagged it whilst the going was good.

The Aquatex material is seriously good stuff, it's very opaque so when you're using it during the day for some shade it's quite dark under there and helps keep everything a bit cooler :cool:

I can't say I like the new camo patterns that are about but the new overwrap that Aqua have brought out is also available in the plain green so I might have to have a look at that :)

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
The Fox supa Brolly is a fantastic bit of kit, but not cheap. You can buy them without all extras and that makes them a little cheaper, but not much.

I have an old Nash 60 inch Oval Brolly i use for over night sessions, it will take zip in doors etc, but i didnt bother with all that as i have a Free Spirit one should i need doors etc.

The Nash takes a full size bedchair no problems, as does the Free Spirit, no longer made.

As far as i know all 60 inch will take a bedchair, and Wynchwood is as good as any in that price range. My old Nash must be coming on to 20 years old, i have Re water proofed it a few times, but then i do all my Brollies and Bivvies, no point taking a chance, would rather be dry than wet.

caferacer

Reaction score
Ive been using a Fishrite 60" Oval for the last 10 years and at this time of year its excellent.Velcro groundsheet is spot on and its set up literally in seconds.I easily fit my JRC Stealth bedchair in it along with kit.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thank's for the replys gents :).

Has anyone got an opinion on the chub overnight brolly? Looking at them on the net they seem to be more realistically priced than most others and from my own experiences with chub gear it's always been decent stuff...just never seen one of these so ain't got a clue as to what they're like.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
One of my boys had a chub bivvy that was just fine. Not sure what your price range is, but from the above shelters you have looked at, The Chub or JRC would be the better options IMO.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Only looking at vids and descriptions, those, the chub and JRC look sound, but the Wychwood ones do sound better than all comers....10000 mm material and a 5yr guarantee.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just shot me bolt on a Waychwood 60incher....just hope it's worth it !