Fishing chair

grizzlebear

Reaction score
Fed up with my uncomfortable box so im getting a chair. Q is arms or no arms? I use a pod so dont need any clip on rests.

mikench

Reaction score
Arms must be better but may get in the way! On balance I am glad my chair has no arms. It is tricky enough manoeuvring around the chair, side table, rod, landing net, bait and tackle bags on a 5 ft square platform suspended over an uninviting expanse of water, without arms.:wh

grizzlebear

Reaction score
Thats my thoughts. Im confused! Some pegs where i go are huge but some are platforms 6*9 ft

sam vimes

Reaction score
Much depends on the style of fishing you are engaged in. For the more sedentary styles, I'd prefer to have arms. When you are sat watching the world go by for extended periods, I find arms on a chair to be far more comfortable.

If rods are on a pod and beyond arms length, arms are no issue. They can actually be an aid to getting out of a chair more quickly.

Any type of fishing where rods are in hand, or very close to hand, then chair arms just get in the way.

If pole fishing, I find chairs, arms or not, to be a total pain. It's pretty much the only time I'll dust the box off these days.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Arms for me. They look as if they'd get in the way but don't....not on the 3 different armed chairs I've got anyway.

Chairs with detachable arms ? You mean the ones that Binka trips over and trashes ?

---------- Post added at 09:37 ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 ----------

If pole fishing, I find chairs, arms or not, to be a total pain. It's pretty much the only time I'll dust the box off these days.

Absolutely. If I'm going to be "busy fishing" then it's the legendary seatbox every time.

B

binka

For most of my fishing it's a lightweight chair with no arms.

If I'm on an overnighter, a place where I can't get a bankstick in or a long walk where I convert my heavier chair into a trolley then it's the halfway house...

One arm!

I've found it perfect as it allows me unhindered access to the side with the rod (which can also act as the other armrest) plus the ability to slouch back into the opposite corner when things are a bit slow...

chrissh

Reaction score
Would that work with a Korum chair do you think?

I have the Korum chair and wheel kit... It works well you do not need to use the extending leg with the chair they are for a seat box

1256855673_2-Wheel_Trolley_V2.jpg

View image in gallery

B

binka

I still reckon all that needs is a couple of leg stirrup attachments and a heavily pregnant woman lay on it and the scene would be complete :D

I reckon the sling on the left is for catapulting the baby straight onto the ward... :)

robtherake

Reaction score
I still reckon all that needs is a couple of leg stirrup attachments and a heavily pregnant woman lay on it and the scene would be complete :D

I reckon the sling on the left is for catapulting the baby straight onto the ward... :)

I've had plenty of funny looks and head-shakes from blokes who find the thing equally amusing. Ergonomic it isn't, and getting the gear stowed securely is a pain: it frequently works loose and falls off, no matter how many bungees are holding it down. I was passing a gang of nubile schoolies and it dumped all the gear on the path in front of them when a wheel came loose (good job I'm too old to care.:)) I swear it's inhabited by a disaffected spirit. :D