Online tackle.

neal webb

Reaction score
I'm a great believer in using my local tackle shop however I need to use an online retailer.
It's for an item that my shop can't provide.
Please can anybody point me in the direction of a good online retailer that also offers good customer service and after sales.
Many thanks.
Neal.

dicky123

Reaction score
Your doing the right thing asking. I trust only a handful myself but would not want to suggest some company as things change.

Currently I'm having to return a faulty rod with Tackle2u. I'll let you know the outcome, so far it's early days with them but I'm hopeful.

Richard.

sam vimes

Reaction score

sumtime

Reaction score
I'd recommend this type, always done me proud when I was a hod carrier. ;)

images

neal webb

Reaction score
Thanks for the list Sam.
Many thanks to all who have replied to my enquiry.
Neal

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Johnson Ross 100%. I don't buy anything on line, Johnson Ross is only up the road from me, great service, in the shop and on line.

I do help these guys out at tackle shows and have worked in the shop for them a number of years ago.

Unlike many staff in tackle shops, at least these guys know their stuff.

Give them a call for a chat, they will be only to happy to help you out.

Skippy had a rod break, and they dealt with it, Skippy can give you more info on the service.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Skippy had a rod break, and they dealt with it, Skippy can give you more info on the service.

Bloody Hell ! I'd completely forgotten about that rod ! :eek::eek:

They were very helpful....I just hope they've not sold the repaired rod on because the numpty who brought it in forgot to go back and get it !

Good shop too. Just a tad far for me to make the trip often [M25 again !] but a really good shop & great staff.

Last edited:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Update : They've not sold me rod....it's ready and waiting for me. Phew !

Much as I love rooting around tackle shops I've no qualms whatsoever about buying over t'interwebby. I'll buy local when I can but that's becoming increasingly difficult. I've never had the slightest problem buying on-line. Johnson Ross is good as Ray says.....so is the Tackle Box.

maceo

Reaction score
Another vote for Matchman Supplies that Sam mentioned.

Dealt with them before and no problems.

jac77794

Reaction score
I have never had problems buying small bits from ebay. Much easier and saves a trip to the tackle shop when the weekend comes around.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

mikench

Reaction score
I too buy of eBay and have never had a problem. I generally buy bits of tackle and enjoy convincing myself they will make a difference and then marvelling at how someone can make them at the price.

Greys, by the way , do some great little bits for fishing in neat little clip together boxes. I love this hobby!:)