Korum chair problems.

dicky123

Reaction score
I've not seen that anyone else has had this problem, but my chair legs keep collapsing and I'm sick of it. It's the only chair I've had that uses a simple screw nut onto metal to keep the legs in place. Others have slots or holes so they cannot slip.

Does any clever sole have any thoughts on how I could make it better, so simple DIY maybe?

Thanks all.

B

binka

I used to get the problem of collapsing legs when I had Nash Nomads, it drove me up the wall.

I'm not sure of the leg arrangement on the Korum but I drilled the bracket, which isn't weight supporting, along with the corresponding point on the chair frame and added my own pin system which was a small piece of steel bar.

This was attached to a piece of old catapult tubing and a bootlace at the other end then tied to the chair frame so that I couldn't lose it...

It worked for me :)

Keith M

Reaction score
I used to get the problem of collapsing legs when I had Nash Nomads, it drove me up the wall.

I'm not sure of the leg arrangement on the Korum but I drilled the bracket, which isn't weight supporting, along with the corresponding point on the chair frame and added my own pin system which was a small piece of steel bar.

This was attached to a piece of old catapult tubing and a bootlace at the other end then tied to the chair frame so that I couldn't lose it...

It worked for me :)

I used the same simple mod on my old Chub chair which had legs that occasionally folded on me, and the problem was solved.
NB: the only difference was that I attached the pin to a small chain.

I have a Korum Chair but it doesn't have the folding leg syndrome because it has a bar underneath which locks into place keeping the legs from folding, I just assumed they all had this.
What model of Kotum chair is it ****y?

Keith

Last edited:

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I used the same simple mod on my old Chub chair which had legs that occasionally folded on me, and the problem was solved.

I have a Korum Chair but it doesn't have a folding leg syndrome because it has a bar underneath which locks into place keeping the legs from folding, I just assumed they all had this.
What model of Kotum chair is it ****y?

Keith

The bar is what my Korum chair has

slaphead

Reaction score
I have a couple of Wychwood Solace recliner chairs which I use as outdoor relaxers also. The problem I have is that some parts are held together by nuts and bolts and the nuts regularly come loose and disappear. I now travel witrh spare ones.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I have a couple of Wychwood Solace recliner chairs which I use as outdoor relaxers also. The problem I have is that some parts are held together by nuts and bolts and the nuts regularly come loose and disappear. I now travel witrh spare ones.

Now there's a real man,

Spare NUTS :D

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Korum legs are sliding box section that push up or down and are held in place by the pressure of a screw tightend up agaist them. Unless you tighten the screw up very tight the leg can slip down when you sit on it.
I got shut of my korum chair as it was heavy and alkward to carry and I didn't like how the legs where secured. If you dropped the seat down the legs stuck right up and acted like booby traps catching on your leg when you stood up and moved off the chair....imo the chairs are last!

robtherake

Reaction score
The bar is what my Korum chair has

Mine has, but the bar has been known to pop out when I use the thing as a trolley with a wheel kit. It has the oldest Korum logo on it, so I assume it's one of the oldest. Never had a problem with the legs not gripping, though.

If you take the leg out and look inside, the bolt is supposed (I think) to push against a square pad, which in turn grips the leg, but all mine have fallen off at some point in its life, leaving the end of the bolt pressing directly against the leg. This has marked the legs up something terrible but it still works properly and grips like a barnacle. Maybe yours has a related issue?

dicky123

Reaction score
It's the latest chair as far as I'm aware. I like the idea of the bar fitting. I'll try and get someone to sort it for me.

Yes the chair is heavy, but I prefer the comfort over anything else. It's only used when the distance to the bank is marginal. For longer walks I bring the Chubb smaller chair.

It's a crazy lazy design. Doubt I would have brought it had I known.

****y.

cassey

Reaction score
You could drill a sequence of holes in each leg to correspond where the screw would clamp onto the leg. The screw enters the hole and effectively stops the leg from sliding. Ball aching job , limits the adjustability of leg length and It may impact on the strength of the legs.
I've never had this problem, are you sure there isn't something stopping the screws from fully reaching the legs, maybe rust or crud build up on the threads?

The page has just updated and I think I misunderstood your problem, please disregard.

Last edited:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I have had the Korum chairs ever since they first hit the market, and now own 3 of them; the original accessory chair, the lightweight version, and the new reclining chair, and I have never, ever, had the sort of problems that you refer to.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I'm still not sure what the problem is here. Is it the legs sliding back up inside or collapsing ? I've suffered from both on various chairs and I do not understand why manufacturers cannot come up with a foolproof system to stop this. One of the reasons ( not the main one) why I like arms on a chair is because they are extensions of the back legs.....so if im pressing down on the arms I'm keeping the back legs from collapsing.

I have a Nash Nomad and it was the world's worst for collapsing and pitching me onto me back like a beetle. My Chub X-lo suffered from sliding back up inside syndrome which was sorted by reversing the catch plate inside....a great tip published on here by Brother Sagalout .

I know a lot of people like Korums chairs but I find them uncomfortable....though not as bad as the Adjusta level which is also highly regarded by many. Crock of shoite IMO.

seth49

Reaction score
I've two korum chairs, the original one and the lightweight one, never had a problem at all with either of them.

If the korum rep calls at your tackle shop, get him to have a look at it.
I find them very good to deal with, if the chair is faulty they will probably fix or replace it.

B

binka

Best chair I have ever owned is the chub hi lite, I have had them for a number of years never let me down and believe me I aint no twiggy :D

You could always lend it me for the day when we're out next week, that'll sort it out! :eek: :D