Favourite Groundbait

mikench

Reaction score
What is the concensus of opinion for the best all round general Groundbait for still waters. I see all the adverts and the endorsements of the "big names" but do not really believe them as they would say that a particular rod, reel or ground bait is great when paid to do so and when all the kit is supplied free!::

I want to find just two or three at most and stick to them!

Chefster

Reaction score
Different groundbaits do different jobs,so its hard to have a favourite really..but i would say Miracle baits "pure Ground Expander" is quite universal,and can be used for several applications,sometimes also adding other ingredients can make it suitable for other things..Gazza

peterjg

Reaction score
Can I suggest:

Use a food processor to liquidise sliced bread, including crusts. Mix this with seived Layers Mash. Start with a ratio of 4 parts bread to 1 part Layers Mash. Wet this with either lake water or rain water.

This starting mix can easily be altered to suit uses. Add more Layers Mash if you are plugging the ends of a swim feeder or less LM for throwing into fast flowing rivers. Add more LM and mix dryer for canals.

You can add liquid flavours to the water or powdered flavours such as curry, aniseed, garlic salt, gravy powder, etc, etc, to the dry mix.

The basic mix is as cheap as you can get and can be altered to suit. It is tried and tested and really works well. Buy cheap supermarket sliced bread and unused sliced bread from home then liquidise and freeze in bags. Hope this helps.