Long legged stool?

sumtime

Reaction score
A week on Friday my daughter, accompanied by my wife and g/daughter are off to Lourdes for a miracle cure, I've been searching the net on occasions for a long time for a stool at least twenty inches in height for her to no avail.

I spotted one, a Shakespeare but found out it was too heavy (the stated weight was 700g ally but it was double that)as my wife will be her pack horse and she will have enough to carry hence the search for a lightweight long legged stool.

I'd appreciate any ideas on this, lads. ;)

john step

Reaction score
Don't know if its suitable but have you thought of a shooting stick thing that have a little seat on top that folds out,

mikench

Reaction score
I have a couple of folding 3 legged stools which I keep in the car for emergency and short term use. I bought them in a motorway service station for about£4.99 each. They are very lightweight and can be carried over the shoulder.

They may be unsuitable but at that price you could try one! What about this http://www.walkstool.com/

I hope our lady is listening:)

Last edited:

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I have a Maxim stool but I just weighed it and it and its 1474 grams. Another by Fish Sense, a small folding chair that's about the same. The nearest at 900 grams I have is a country folding seat from Phillips of Axeminster which looks aluminum and would probably be ideal but for the weight.
However check this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PHILLIPS-...NVAS-FOLDING-SEAT-WALKING-STICK-/401024194684 on ebay, thats the same stoll I have and see the range below. Might be worth contacting them and see whats what.
I think you may have a problem finding one this weight. Would it be better to buy one when your there?
having a quick check Lourdes has plenty of shops and I expect a demand for stools is high so I expect them to be on sale. there is a camping site so someone must cater for them as well.
Maybe contact the tourism board, I couldn't find a email but this might help:_
Address: Place Peyramale, 65100 Lourdes, France
Phone: +33 5 62 42 77 40
Hours: Open today · 8:30am–12pm, 1:30–6pm

lourdes-infotourisme.com
http://www.lourdes-infotourisme.com/

Last edited:

greenie62

Reaction score
Don't know if its suitable but have you thought of a shooting stick thing that have a little seat on top that folds out,

Good idea John,
One of the advantages of the shooting stick is that it acts as a walking stick as well which will be helpful with all the standing & walking around. Some even come with a combined umbrella - though how you can use that at the same time as the seat is a puzzle!:rolleyes:
This lot seem to do an extensive range from under £20 to over £200: Shooting Sticks, Seat Sticks for countrymen at discount prices

Best wishes to them both :thumbs:

sumtime

Reaction score
Thanks for your input, lads, Mike, John, the stick is worth a look if it's light enough, the three legged one, cheers. ;)

john step

Reaction score
Thanks for your input, lads, Mike, John, the stick is worth a look if it's light enough, the three legged one, cheers. ;)

We all wish your daughter the very best wishes for a cure.

mikench

Reaction score
I sincerely hope that your wishes are met by the trip. Good luck to you!

Mike

trotter2

Reaction score
Shooting sticks are ok for mini break but really no good for sitting hours on end holding a fishing rod.

sumtime

Reaction score
Shooting sticks are ok for mini break but really no good for sitting hours on end holding a fishing rod.

Fishing will be the last thing on her mind, trotter. :)

Thank you lads for your kind thoughts. ;)

ps,
just heard there will be the use of a wheelchair for her and a helper pushes her around, happy days, panic over, thanks again.

Last edited: