Stink bag benefits?

sagalout

Reaction score
Is there any real benefit to a sealed stink bag over a good strong plastic bag, say a rubble sack? I can get me landing net wet towel and bib'n'brace into a plastic sack fold the top over and no smell in the car.

It is a pain to turn inside out, disinfect and dry every time but it seems to be a bit cheaper that the 30 or 40 quid that a decent stink bag costs, that would have to be washed and dried anyway, wouldn't it?

Have asked and answered all in the first post?

Chefster

Reaction score
Is there any real benefit to a sealed stink bag over a good strong plastic bag, say a rubble sack? I can get me landing net wet towel and bib'n'brace into a plastic sack fold the top over and no smell in the car.

It is a pain to turn inside out, disinfect and dry every time but it seems to be a bit cheaper that the 30 or 40 quid that a decent stink bag costs, that would have to be washed and dried anyway, wouldn't it?

Have asked and answered all in the first post?
What discerning tackle tart/matchman would turn up on the bank,with a rubble sack????:D....In all honesty,a stink bag doesnt have to be washed out and dried every time,but with the recent outbreak of KHV at Larford lakes,it would probably be a good idea,if more anglers did think about it;)..generally,i tend to lay my nets on the lawn,when i get home for an hour,and leave the bag upended,never smell the car or garage out,,,i can fit 4 mosella carp keepnets,and 4 landing nets in the Daiwa Jumbo Aqua Dry stink bag...Gazza

mikench

Reaction score
Oh to be catching so many fish and of such a size that a commodity such as this is required!:)

barbelboi

Reaction score
I tend to spend most of my time on the rivers, I also have a stink bag. I bought a Preston one many years ago and it stays in the car - I take whatever i require on the session out (net/mat) and when I return to the car they go back in. I dry them out at home and then stick them back in, no smell in the car - wouldn't be without it.

I'm not sure that it would double as a rubble sack though................

john step

Reaction score
What discerning tackle tart/matchman would turn up on the bank,with a rubble sack????:D....In all honesty,a stink bag doesnt have to be washed out and dried every time,but with the recent outbreak of KHV at Larford lakes,it would probably be a good idea,if more anglers did think about it;)..generally,i tend to lay my nets on the lawn,when i get home for an hour,and leave the bag upended,never smell the car or garage out,,,i can fit 4 mosella carp keepnets,and 4 landing nets in the Daiwa Jumbo Aqua Dry stink bag...Gazza

This has popped up before Chef. I am one of those philistines that turn up with a rubble sack. Mind you I have no dress sense either. It bothers me not:D:D:D