Aldi sunday 24th

B

binka

Is any of it worth having?

Yes definitely, the bags are great (I've got three of the small ones and the holdall) and their polarised sunglasses are for nowt... They work well too.

Always worth having a pick over the other stuff too considering the rock bottom prices :thumbs:

ken more

Reaction score
I hope its better than their biscuits ! Yuk !

??? Some of their biscuits are not bad at all, i always take a few packets to work and try to shame others into bringing even better one's:):)
Their small fishing bags are fine too for a short session, or for a short trip that you don't need to take the kitchen sink:) Although you could probably pick up a kitchen sink at a reasonable price if you really had to take one fishing:D

seth49

Reaction score
Aye nowt wrong with Aldis biscuits, there white chocolate and cranberry cookies are delicious.
And there gourmet crackers with sea salt are very good, spread with lurpac butter and a nice slice of Lancashire cheese, there very tasty.

Will have a look at the tackle on Sunday, I'm after another of there cool bags, there great for bait etc.

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
a kitchen sink at a reasonable price if you really had to take one fishing

Or in Skip's case Terry Pratchet's "Luggage"

---------- Post added at 19:56 ---------- Previous post was at 19:54 ----------

I bought a pack of Chocolate Chip Cookies for yesterday's meeting

Try Asda's white chocolate chip and cranberry or Lidl's stem ginger Skip

john step

Reaction score
I got a pair of field boots for £12.99 last year. Great for wet grass.
Also the green cool bag for bait.

JUST STAY AWAY FROM THE TEMPTATION TO BUY THEIR BOILIES THOUGH.
Crumbly chemically smelling rubbish.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Just yesterday purchased one of their mobile coolers mains or 12 volt powered seems ok certainly keeps your maggots in decent nick in the car and your bottles nice and cool ...

PG ...

---------- Post added at 22:52 ---------- Previous post was at 22:47 ----------

I got a pair of field boots for £12.99 last year. Great for wet grass.
Also the green cool bag for bait.

JUST STAY AWAY FROM THE TEMPTATION TO BUY THEIR BOILIES THOUGH.
Crumbly chemically smelling rubbish.

Their Hallibut pellets seem to work well i am clean out so hope they got more coming .
Hope they get more of those onsie type suits as well very nice in fact quite a bit of it is for the price very good .

PG ...

robtherake

Reaction score
Just yesterday purchased one of their mobile coolers mains or 12 volt powered seems ok certainly keeps your maggots in decent nick in the car and your bottles nice and cool ...

They run a battery down in no time unless the engine's running. I use one when we go out in the van and stick half a dozen freezer blocks in there, then stuff it underneath, out of the heat. Another half-dozen blocks are freezing in the van fridge to use in rotation, replacing the spent ones every 24 hours, which keeps everything fresh.

On long stays, the "maggots in an airless plastic bag" trick works brilliantly in combination with the cooler/ freezer blocks combo to keep them in peak condition. Split into pints and allowed some air at the end of each day, they were still perfectly fresh after a week's storage when we last went away. Thanks, BTW, to whoever posted that technique: I owe you one.:thumbs:

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
They run a battery down in no time unless the engine's running. I use one when we go out in the van and stick half a dozen freezer blocks in there, then stuff it underneath, out of the heat. Another half-dozen blocks are freezing in the van fridge to use in rotation, replacing the spent ones every 24 hours, which keeps everything fresh.

On long stays, the "maggots in an airless plastic bag" trick works brilliantly in combination with the cooler/ freezer blocks combo to keep them in peak condition. Split into pints and allowed some air at the end of each day, they were still perfectly fresh after a week's storage when we last went away. Thanks, BTW, to whoever posted that technique: I owe you one.:thumbs:

Ok on the battery yes fortunately i cant fall for that one turn the key off and the socket goes dead as well ok on the placky bags i had planned to get a couple of those freezer blocks to bolster it up as well .

PG ...

mikench

Reaction score
ope they get more of those onsie type suits as well very nice in fact quite a bit of it is for the price very good .

Dressed like that most fish will happily take your bait just to get a closer look:wh