Lightweight chair

F

Fred Bonney

Dave, are you looking for a lightweight chair to wander the river banks with, if so look at the reviews of the Fox adjuster level.

If your looking for lightness for long stay, I can't help.

E

EC

I can recommend the wychwood superlight. I have done a review here, since the updatedreview was done in 2006 I have probably done another 100 river and still water sessions and it's still going strong. Can't faultit.

The korum lightweight chair also has many fans on the site!

F

Fred Bonney

Sorry Dave, should have looked, it's in the Carp section/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Shine

Reaction score
Cheers EC.

I see on the review Tony Hunt said it was no good if you are 14 stone +

I'm affraid I'm in that bracket/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

E

EC

Furry muff mate, I'm 13st so the load will be slightly less, howeverfor longevity I really cannot grumble.

Maybe the korum could bea goer, the korum lightweight has mesh as opposed to canvas which doesn't hold water when wet, the legs are more adjustable and it looks a sturdy bit of kit, I'd have a looksee!

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
JRC X-Lo is worth a look.Its very light,despite the name its not that low and very comfortable.I bought this for river roving but now use it everywhere.I'm 6-2 with long legs and the height is not a problem.The arms are nice and dont get in the way at all.

Shine

Reaction score
Cheers s.kippy. JRC looks good from what I've looked at on the internet but again its rated to around 16 stone. Last time I weighed myself I was 15 and some/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif...(I'm bi g boned /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif. Abit worried it might rip. If it doesnt than I'll find somewhere that sells them because it looks good............But so does the wychwood superlight..

Cant find any info on the Korum one yet

JUSTIN ACKROYD

Reaction score
I got a nash Nomad chair, useit for carping & roving about for chub on the yorkshire rivers in winter.

Great cahir very light and comes woth its own bult in carrying strap.

Not sure if they still make em, but have seen new ones on ebay, old stock i guess

R

Royffey

The Terry HearnJRC X-LITE, originally bought it with day session tench fishingin mind, however, having used it many times its been with me on all fishing sessions long / short and i really cant fort it. weighs nxt to nothin and is comfortable. and the material its made from dries out rather fast if you 4 get to put in under the bedchair on rainy night sessions. For £43.99 really cannot fort it!

tc1

Reaction score
i have the nash nomad chair, its very light about 3.5 kilo's, it isnt padded very much but its still comfy, a mate has the jrc chair and thats about the same weight and he happy with his.

i tried the fishrite chair in a tackle shop its called xreme lite 1 chair and again that looked good, but the nomad came with its own carry strap and the others didnt.

i dont think you will go far wrong with anyone of these ive listed.

hope that helps you decide.

Terry Moody

Reaction score
Agree the Nash Nomad is great.

But got a feeling they are out of production so you may have to scour e-bay for old stock.