Hi guys from mansfield

pokerpie

Reaction score
Not been fishing for years but decided to start up again now i have a lot of spare time.
I am pretty new to the Mansfield area so not 100% sure where to fish.
Thinking of trying L Lake Rainworth,any suggestions welcome.

Last edited:

greenie62

Reaction score
Welcome to the FM mad-house - hope you find some local fishing to your taste!

Warning: Make sure your tackle is insured for accidental damage - although the insurers may turn you down if they twig you live near Binka (The Destroyer)! He may explain - just don't let him near your tackle - particularly your chair!:D

Tight Lines :thumbs:

pokerpie

Reaction score
Welcome to the FM mad-house - hope you find some local fishing to your taste!

Warning: Make sure your tackle is insured for accidental damage - although the insurers may turn you down if they twig you live near Binka (The Destroyer)! He may explain - just don't let him near your tackle - particularly your chair!:D

Tight Lines :thumbs:

Mmmm who is this Binka you speak of?

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
The most dangerous thing to come out of Mansfield since Donald Pleasance

Welcome to the forum.

Seriously, Binka's a fantastic fella. Writes like J K Rowling and fishes like.....J K Rowling...:)

---------- Post added at 14:48 ---------- Previous post was at 14:44 ----------

Sorry Flight,

Let me get that right? If you want to lose your cherry, Binka....omg, no :eek:

flightliner

Reaction score
The most dangerous thing to come out of Mansfield since Donald Pleasance

Welcome to the forum.

Seriously, Binka's a fantastic fella. Writes like J K Rowling and fishes like.....J K Rowling...:)

---------- Post added at 14:48 ---------- Previous post was at 14:44 ----------

Sorry Flight,

Let me get that right? If you want to lose your cherry, Binka....omg, no :eek:
D and C, not anymore, He pinched it on a visit to my club water, fortunately I was able to get it back on his!:D.
He"ll be out there now looking for another!.

B

binka

Not been fishing for years but decided to start up again now i have a lot of spare time.
I am pretty new to the Mansfield area so not 100% sure where to fish.
Thinking of trying L Lake Rainworth,any suggestions welcome.

Welcome to FM mate :)

Don't believe all you read, I'm not at all that bad... Honest! :D

L Lake is a good start, you'll get plenty of bites on the float gear with some nice roach and perch and you'll catch under the rod tip either above or below the marginal shelf.

It's five quid a day on the bank or from the cabin in the car park if it's unlocked, there's also pike and many of the other species such as qudgeon, rudd, bream, carp, etc. and there's an additional lake beyond the main lake that you can fish on the same day ticket.

Also check out Vicar Water at Clipstone, again a fiver on the bank (per rod) and similar fishing in nice surroundings.

There's quite a bit to go at locally so let me know if you want any more and enjoy the banter :thumbs:

pokerpie

Reaction score
Welcome to FM mate :)

Don't believe all you read, I'm not at all that bad... Honest! :D

L Lake is a good start, you'll get plenty of bites on the float gear with some nice roach and perch and you'll catch under the rod tip either above or below the marginal shelf.

It's five quid a day on the bank or from the cabin in the car park if it's unlocked, there's also pike and many of the other species such as qudgeon, rudd, bream, carp, etc. and there's an additional lake beyond the main lake that you can fish on the same day ticket.

Also check out Vicar Water at Clipstone, again a fiver on the bank (per rod) and similar fishing in nice surroundings.

There's quite a bit to go at locally so let me know if you want any more and enjoy the banter :thumbs:

Thanks mate.
I will be on L Lake bright and early Sunday morning.

pokerpie

Reaction score
How did it go mate, did you manage to get down there?
Yeah was there all day sunday, caught a load of bream and a few roach.
Lost a few more than i would of liked due to being out of practice on method feeder.
But all in all enjoyed being back out there.

wardalan1987

Reaction score
Nice to see fellow Mansfield fishers on here. Personally I find Notts AA real good value for money. Ponds on crown farm fish really well and are convenient for short seasons. Called in today for 3 hours and had 9 fish smallest being 2lb from pond 2 a mix of bream, tench and carp. Well worth a look on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

binka

Nice to see fellow Mansfield fishers on here. Personally I find Notts AA real good value for money. Ponds on crown farm fish really well and are convenient for short seasons. Called in today for 3 hours and had 9 fish smallest being 2lb from pond 2 a mix of bream, tench and carp. Well worth a look on their website.

You know Mansfield lads mate, we get everywhere :D

I have always thought the Notts AA book was one of the best value books going but have never had one for reasons I cannot fathom :confused:

I think I know the Crown Farm ponds you mention... Newlands?

I've often fancied a crack at them :)

wardalan1987

Reaction score
Yes but Mansfield lads being as we are it's usually only anywhere you are not supposed to be we are found.

Yes the newlands ponds, I live less than a mile away so really convenient if I fancy a last min session.

I would defiantly recommend the Notts AA book for this area, newlands is good and local, bestwood duck ponds is some of the best tench fishing I have ever had if you get their early enough and gunthorpe stretch of the Trent has some cracking barbel. Covers all bases in my eyes. And no I'm not on commission with the Notts AA before anyone asks lol just may sound like it haha