Hi from Lincoln

dave11a

Reaction score
Hi I have just taken up fishing again after illness that have left me with great difficulty in walking. I have so far just visited commercial lake fisheries at local caravan sites so I can get my car right up to the lakeside to unload my tackle and park close by but I am still looking for river fishing with the same access. I fish with a pole, float or ledger for anything in the lakes mainly to get me out of the house and relaxation.
Dave

slaphead

Reaction score
Hi Dave, welcome to FM.

I have similar a problem, so I hope you are able to solve it.

dave11a

Reaction score
Many thanks for the welcome, I emailed Newark Piscatorials asking if they had any waters that would be suitable and I am still waiting for a reply.
Dave

chrissh

Reaction score
hi dave welcome to the forum ...
Try stamp end lock ...five mile bridge … fiskerton … bardney lock… and bardney near the sugar beet factory. All have good access

dave11a

Reaction score
Thanks for those ideas are they still Lincoln an district aa I used to fish them years ago when I lived in Cherry Willingham are they day ticket to try out before joining again? Now I am at Swinderby there are a few lakes about but bad access for me but I keep hunting. Thanks
Dave:)

john step

Reaction score
Welcome. 5 mile is good access with disabled platforms. I think its free.

Try The Rack, Winthorpe for onbank parking . Dodgy after a lot of rain.

90s and 150s Collingham both day ticket. 150s close to cars in Autumn I believe.

flightliner

Reaction score
Hi Dave, lincoln aa have a nice bit of the tidal Trent at laughterten, easy parking and large flat rock sreps down to your swim. Also at Clifton a few miles upstream. You'reat Swinderby yes, many of your nearby upper Witham access points, bridges etx all have a few good pegs very close nearby. A run along its upper reaches in the car will reveal which ones they are.

chrissh

Reaction score
Thanks for those ideas are they still Lincoln an district aa I used to fish them years ago when I lived in Cherry Willingham are they day ticket to try out before joining again? Now I am at Swinderby there are a few lakes about but bad access for me but I keep hunting. Thanks
Dave:)

Hi I was told by the local tackle shop that they are day ticket… BUT in the last 3 years I have never seen a bailiff or paid any one for a day’s fishing on any of them … stamp end is free …you can park within 2 meters from the 5 mile plate forms… also try the old station at Washingborough

There’s are a bit further to go but worth the trip
Welcome to Wold View Fisheries
Fishing Lakes Alvingham, Louth, Lincolnshire