Sportfish Danny catches monster carp

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
Sportfish Danny Gets a French Whacker

thumbnail.php

Danny North, Shop Manager at Sportfish, Winforton (Hereford) spends the greater part of his life sharing his knowledge and dispensing good advice to customers. As much as he loves his job, Danny occasionally likes to get away from it all and just recently he took his rods and a bunch of mates to Lac Serriere, south of Limoges, for a crack at the carp.
Seven day’s fishing saw 40 carp come to the net, Danny’s big one weighing-in at 57lb 8oz. It took a fancy to his proffered wafter at around three in the afternoon last Thursday but got a bit more than it bargained for, but then…so did Dan for it was a full twenty minutes before he was able to lift his net and claim his prize!
Dan explained how a ‘rip-snorter’ of a run had interrupted the consumption of a rather nice French white. “I was just wringing-out the last few drops from the bottle when away she went. I was only a few yards from my rods but reaching them seemed to take an age – but the fish was still hauling. Its size was clear once I’d lifted the rod and felt the bulk of it; it was around ninety yards out when I hooked it and took forever to get it to the bank” The ‘57’ was not Dan’s only success that week, with other specimens to 44lb 8oz testing his tackle.