birmingham tackle warehouse

maurice walsh

Reaction score
im visiting brum in november, fri,sat,sun, for the classic car show in the nec,ill have a bit of time on the friday afternoon to visit a BIG tackle shop/warehouse, could the brummies here recomend a few close to the center of town, im staying near the o2 academy, bristol st, looking to taxi to where ever, any help ?

B

binka

I'm no brummie but having worked there for the last twenty five years you have Fosters of Birmingham within a taxi ride just beyond Perry Barr, probably the largest in the area.

Don't spend too much :)

maurice walsh

Reaction score
ill try not to lol as i wont be allowed to carry hooks or sharps on the plane ill prob end up getting stuff shiped/posted home, if my pole fishing thing is to become a reality that might be just the place to purchase what i need to get started

nogoodboyo

Reaction score
I visited Brum last year.
It took me three days to find a decent breakfast.
Poncy coffee shops? All over the place. Everywhere.
Good luck.

terry m

Reaction score
I'm no brummie but having worked there for the last twenty five years you have Fosters of Birmingham within a taxi ride just beyond Perry Barr, probably the largest in the area.

Don't spend too much :)

Second this. Fosters have a huge selection.

B

binka

don't know whether it's still as good but try Mr Egg, by the Chinese quarter for breakfast

Mr Egg sounds very familiar.

I worked out of an office in Digbeth for many years, it was a bit shady back then with the Probation Service to one side and The Snooty Fox gay bar to the other.

Around the corner, on the edge of the Chinese quarter, was The Amsterdam Experience (you can guess) and numerous other sex shops and bars.

An interesting place for sure, I did enjoy the Chinese New Year when they would parade the dragon along local streets, blessing the local businesses.

---------- Post added at 21:51 ---------- Previous post was at 21:48 ----------

You obviously did not find the Cafe at Warley Woods Golf Club then bostin Breakfast there ..

MD... What does fittle mean in Black Country language?

I'm sure you know it, there's a Harvester pub called The Bostin Fittle near to a McD's where I camp for an hour or so in the car whenever I visit Dudley to see a customer.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Mr Egg sounds very familiar.

I worked out of an office in Digbeth for many years, it was a bit shady back then with the Probation Service to one side and The Snooty Fox gay bar to the other.

Around the corner, on the edge of the Chinese quarter, was The Amsterdam Experience (you can guess) and numerous other sex shops and bars.

An interesting place for sure, I did enjoy the Chinese New Year when they would parade the dragon along local streets, blessing the local businesses.

---------- Post added at 21:51 ---------- Previous post was at 21:48 ----------

MD... What does fittle mean in Black Country language?

I'm sure you know it, there's a Harvester pub called The Bostin Fittle near to a McD's where I camp for an hour or so in the car whenever I visit Dudley to see a customer.

Not entirely sure but i suspect it is either food or drink i will have to enquire i am not originally from this far into the Black Country , I am trying to place the pub not far from Dudley In Tipton by the Pie Factory i will enquire thou .

PG .

oyster

Reaction score
Fosters is the largest shop I have ever been to - word of advice, check the prices online before buying anything. They should price match, and you could end up saving a significant amount over what they sell for on the shop floor.
A second word of advice - if you are making an expensive purchase they may ask you for your address (you dont need to provide this) I bought a pole several years ago on a saturday afternoon. On the Sunday evening I watched someone walk up my drive and try my car door, this probably was purely co-incidence but I have been wary of passing on these details ever since.

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Not entirely sure but i suspect it is either food or drink i will have to enquire i am not originally from this far into the Black Country , I am trying to place the pub not far from Dudley In Tipton by the Pie Factory i will enquire thou .

Fittle's fewd ower kid, wheer yow from MD?:D

The "Bostin Fittle" is on the commercial estate opposite the zoo.

If yowm wantin proper fewd goo ter Tipton

Toll End Road Cafe's Monster Breakfast Challenge - FoodChallenges.com - FoodChallenges.com

:eek::eek::eek:

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

It means food - something to eat, some advantages to being a yorkie/ black country mongrel

That's why your always half right Graham:)

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Fittle's fewd ower kid, wheer yow from MD?:D

The "Bostin Fittle" is on the commercial estate opposite the zoo.

If yowm wantin proper fewd goo ter Tipton

Toll End Road Cafe's Monster Breakfast Challenge - FoodChallenges.com - FoodChallenges.com

:eek::eek::eek:

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

That's why your always half right Graham:)

I aye from round ere about 6 miles down the road Born and Bred Bearwoodian but spent the bulk of the last 40 years around Blackheath and Cradley .

Try the Monster Grill at the WHYNOT inn coleygate . bostin beats me ..

PG ...