New-to-me water...

fishplate42

Reaction score
I fished Monk Lakes' Bridge Lake on Wednesday. Since I took up fishing, getting on for two years ago, I have been fishing mainly at one commercial venue. Fishing this new-to-me water was a bit of an eye opener. The whole story of the day can be found HERE. Having never fished a lake of this size before, I was not sure how to tackle it.

If you were going to a new venue, for the first time what would you take with you? I took a van load of tackle but I could have done with the stuff I left behind!

Monk Lakes website is HERE if you want to see how the lake is stocked.

Next time I go to a new water, I will be taking everything with me... Or maybe I will just stick to the waters I know, but that would not be very adventurous - would it?

Ralph.

hiho9

Reaction score
I've fished the same venue since i re started in April, different pegs different tactics, baits, and rods. so it's always different. still take the kitchen sink with me every time though:eek:

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I fished that water once or twice with some friends. I believe there is also a bit of river at the back of it. I remember we struggled a bit but a lady friend we had with us caught some nice carp right close in on worm and I believe strawberry bolies were catching as well by some of the other carp anglers. It was some time ago and some of it was still under development, I imagine it has come on a bit since then however a better commercial in the area was Frant Lakes.

Frant Lakes, Quality Carp Fishing in Frant, East Sussex.

mikench

Reaction score
Good blog Ralph which I enjoyed reading. I prefer small intimate waters . There is a 53 acre lake on one of my cards but it is too big and intimidating for me; I know my limitations:)

It sounds like you are doing well and ,perhaps more importantly, still enjoying it;)

Not a small van!!!!!!

soft plastic

Reaction score
Always enjoy reading your blog. Just a thought, why not "break" your pole down, twice? Could have fished it at the full length then.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

fishplate42

Reaction score
Always enjoy reading your blog. Just a thought, why not "break" your pole down, twice? Could have fished it at the full length then.

Of course, obvious really. Now why did I not think of that at the time?

Ralph :eek: