Lincolnshire Drains Chapel St Leonards

jackperks

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm at chapel at the weekend and hoping to get a few hours in the drains locally does anyone know whats likely to be caught in them and if its worth a go?

how clear are they and do any flounder or mullet get up or is it just coarse fish.

Any advice much appreciated

Jack

laguna

Reaction score
Most of my ditch fishing in Lincs was between Cleethorpes where we had a caravan and along the main road to Louth targeting pike using dead baits.

I once had a bungalow in Mablethorpe which is just up the road from Chapel SL. It had a ditch (sea flood defence) running through at the bottom of my garden, it held some good fish mainly mullet caught on bread.

The defence ditch runs all around the resort so maybe it goes down towards SL i'm not sure, but there's also a really nice pond on the left as you go down the road to the front if you fancy that.

thecrow

Reaction score
I used to live in Chapel, there is a drain that runs parallel to St leonards road (its the road that takes you to Chapel point) I used to fish near the Trafalgar public house, I must admit that I mostly fished it for baits for the freezer but I had lots of good roach from it although if the level is up and the gates are opened it runs off quicker than I could walk.

jackperks

Reaction score
Most of my ditch fishing in Lincs was between Cleethorpes where we had a caravan and along the main road to Louth targeting pike using dead baits.

I once had a bungalow in Mablethorpe which is just up the road from Chapel SL. It had a ditch (sea flood defence) running through at the bottom of my garden, it held some good fish mainly mullet caught on bread.

The defence ditch runs all around the resort so maybe it goes down towards SL i'm not sure, but there's also a really nice pond on the left as you go down the road to the front if you fancy that.

Yeah I no mablethrope well, mullet sounds good so might have a look at that cheers. is the pond a commercial or just left alone?

---------- Post added at 18:01 ---------- Previous post was at 18:00 ----------

I used to live in Chapel, there is a drain that runs parallel to St leonards road (its the road that takes you to Chapel point) I used to fish near the Trafalgar public house, I must admit that I mostly fished it for baits for the freezer but I had lots of good roach from it although if the level is up and the gates are opened it runs off quicker than I could walk.

I know where you mean, I'll have a walk along it with a float rod and see what comes out, cheers

laguna

Reaction score
We lived on Quebec road bang opposite the children's holiday centre. The ditch ran parallel to the back of our property - I could literally cast out of my kitchen window!
I loved the wildlife, there's badgers roaming about of an evening bold as brass, barn owls and pheasants on my chimney and water voles! lots of em, though maybe not so many now as my neighbour kept shooting em!!!

14698102_xl.jpg

There's access points to the ditch all the way down the coast. Looking on Google maps the pond I mentioned in CSL is actually 3 ponds? its on the left as you drive down Sea Road. Its a day ticket mixed venue.

There's also four hundred acre drain.