landing net

greenie62

Reaction score
They don't seem to get 'wet'! Mind you the one I had was a Grey's one and it was probably too posh to get wet! :eek::eek:mg:

mikench

Reaction score
I have a Greys one but it is small and shallow and now that I am catching proper fish and not tiddlers, I seldom use it:wh:)

It does dry quickly and doesn't seem to smell as bad as my bigger conventional net. Greys make much larger ones of course.

My first net was a purchase of Amazon and it is enormous and has a telescopic handle. It also weighs as much as a small motorcycle;) On my first or second trip to a commercial I used it for the first time when i caught a common about 3 lb. It got lost in the net and the guy on the next peg said " save that for when you are after whales son" I am 62:)

terry m

Reaction score
I use the latex (rubberised nets when piking. (The large Korum versions).

They do dry quicker than normal nets, but for me the benefit is in avoidance of treble hooks getting tangled in the mesh. Trebles, and other hooks simply do not get stuck in the mesh material.

I recommend.

john step

Reaction score
I use the latex (rubberised nets when piking. (The large Korum versions).

They do dry quicker than normal nets, but for me the benefit is in avoidance of treble hooks getting tangled in the mesh. Trebles, and other hooks simply do not get stuck in the mesh material.

I recommend.

Yes the rubber jobs are great for piking. I love my Savage Gear folding net for pike. No more frustrations with trebles in the mesh.

Last edited:

mats

Reaction score
I had one of the Greys nets and found it a bit shallow. I've now got the latest Korum version which is as near perfect a net as I have found. Th latex mesh dosn't stink, is dry almost instantly, its not too shallow and not too deep and it folds in half for easy transport. Next time I see one in the shop i'm going to buy a spare before they replace them with something inferior.

tom_moran

Reaction score
I've got a cheap(£5) theseus one and it's brilliant! Dries out and minutes

seth49

Reaction score
Another vote for the korum net I have the 26 in latex one, had carp to over fifteen pounds in it no problem.
Dries quick and doesn't smell either.

tom_moran

Reaction score
Don't discount the cheaper ones, mimes been brilliant for a fiver. Had a 13lb carp in it which was a little snug but not dangerously so

tom_moran

Reaction score
Mines lives on my parcel shelf and is dry by the time I'm home, well tbh it dries in sunshine in about 5 mins so probably well before I'm home