last bank holiday of the year

flossy

Reaction score
Been doing every alternate Monday on a river targeting some carp ,the stretch isnt fished much so bank holiday Monday should be good too go

john step

Reaction score
Finding somewhere quiet and lonely Friday. Just going to sit and vegetate after all the exhaustion of dashing up and down the A1 to London doing shopping and housework for ancient parents.
Funny thing is my grandchildren think I am ancient:eek:

---------- Post added at 14:37 ---------- Previous post was at 14:34 ----------

Certainly not. Too many numpties abroad on a BH....both bankside and everywhere else.

Have another go at duck hunter Skippy. Blowed if I know how you racked up that score. Must have imagined you were popping off cars on the M25:D

sagalout

Reaction score
No, as far as I know me daughter's coming up with at least one of the grand kids.

mikench

Reaction score
Hope to! Just visited elderly parents and went for a walk along the pier(St Anne's on the Sea). They are struggling and Mum has dementia but I have done my bit so fishing tomorrow and Monday weather permitting!

Life doesn't get any easier so thank god for the peace and tranquility of the fishing;)

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Have another go at duck hunter Skippy. Blowed if I know how you racked up that score. Must have imagined you were popping off cars on the M25:D

I wish. My PC has got the gremlins and DH wont run fast enough to keep up with my lightning reflexes. One day I'll get something that can and beat that score. I was level once with 2 shots left but got cocky and missed with both barrels :eek:mg:

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Fishing hope to be but if it is like this it will be the cut not the river .

I know we need the rain BUT enough is enough already rain over night dry and sunny all day that will do me .

All being well the Stour Stourton Castle ...

PG ...

slaphead

Reaction score
No fishing for me, will be in Greenie-land visiting a mate who is now stuck in a wheelchair.

Was going tomorrow but respiratory clinic beckons. :mad:

B

binka

I'll be out but am currently struck down with a bout of apathy, no amount of pacing the "wall of tackle" has come up with something that really stood out as me wanting to do.

That's usually the cue for a pint of maggots and a dibber :)

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I rarely ever fish on a Bank Holiday or even the days following . . . . .

My local pub' have the annual SwanFest on Sunday; 20 local ales and 10 local bands will be on offer from 1pm until midnight, so with any luck I will spend Bank Holiday Monday . . . . . recovering

The Swan Enford

Last edited:

rayner

Reaction score
Hope to! Just visited elderly parents and went for a walk along the pier(St Anne's on the Sea). They are struggling and Mum has dementia but I have done my bit so fishing tomorrow and Monday weather permitting!

Life doesn't get any easier so thank god for the peace and tranquility of the fishing;)

You stick with it Mike your parents are your life.

I never fish bank holidays I leave that for workers and their kids.

mikench

Reaction score
I know your beer is rank darn sarf Binka but maggots!!:rolleyes:

I prefer pork scratching S!:) will go tomorrow regardless of the weather as I have reproofed my brolly and fitted an attachment to my chair,which hopefully, will provide a more stable support. Just made up a few PVA bags( new to me) and will give them a try!

---------- Post added at 04:49 ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 ----------

You are right Rayner. Parents are nearly 88 and 89 and do very well. Mum becomes preoccupied with wanting to go and visit her parents who died 40 years ago, and these are classic symptoms.

Will go tomorrow or Monday but only local. I have some maggots to use up!

rayner

Reaction score
If you fasten your brolly to anything be sure to tie it down, my mate had his clamped to his box and was very distressed when it went for a swim whilst he was not sat on it.

mikench

Reaction score
I can well imagine that. Rain in isolation I can just about put up with but in combination with wind , no:(