spooky tales

flossy

Reaction score
My story begins a few seasons ago ,id recently joined a new club, and decided to have a go on one of their stretches which i was told ,wasn't getting too must attention ,i arrived at the venue around 7pm it was august time ,once parked up ,i had too cross a small meadow down too the river which was quite a walk .I had baited a few swims i liked and tackled up for the night ,plan was too leave around midnight,were now fast forward too around 12pm that night ,i,d moved twice and was in my third swim the one which i fancied the most too produce a barbel,most of the light had now gone ,and the temperature had dropped quite a bit ,my isotope was now all i could really see properly ,the far bank was around 20 feet away their was some reeds and a small bush ,which i could just see shadows of now ,and then as i glanced up again over too the far side she appeared with a dog ,a young girl in white, long hair, and i will never forget a white scotty dog, but she was stood at the waters edge ,my body went cold i cried out hello and this young girl just disappeared ,i was terrified i couldn't pack up quick enough and didn't feel right until i was sat back in my car .This is a true story .ghost or not.

flossy

Reaction score
The bank opposite was also a field ,so i still believe i saw a ghost that night .At one stage i was gonna look into it and see if a young girl had died in that area ,will never forget it.

john step

Reaction score
The bank opposite was also a field ,so i still believe i saw a ghost that night .At one stage i was gonna look into it and see if a young girl had died in that area ,will never forget it.

Many people say they have seen a ghost.

Just to put your mind at rest Google "Charles Bonnet Syndrome"

Thats not to suggest you have failing eyesight, just to illustrate under stress or nervous situation the mind can play tricks.
There is a bible story of Paul on the road to Damascus seeing visions and speaking in tongues. ...Stroke??

Why are you still shown as a guest?

Last edited:

flightliner

Reaction score
I was asked to fish a syndicate water for carp back in the late eighties.
My swim was on a narrow ledge with a high sandy/gravel bank behind me that was the extreme edge of a church graveyard, I tried to get the odd half hour of shuteye but the odd pebble becoming dislodged from the banking and rolling down noisely behind me denied any rest and conjured up some really spooky thoughts of some skeleton hand or foot appearing in front of me, dawn was really welcome!!.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
The white lady is ubiquitous. One was often seen in a dip with trees on a road near me. She flagged down the local bus one night and got on and went upstairs. When the ticket man went up to get her fare there was no one there.
I moved into a spooky house once and for six months things kept moving around, we found the TV had moved 6ft into the doorway of the living room once.
Me and my brother shared a bedroom and one night we heard a loud knocking on the door, we dived under the bed covers and hid.
Saw him once, just a dark shape flitted across the room.
One local bloke said he was walking along by our house one night and a figure was walking towards him and then suddenly turned and walked through the wall.
I feel someone standing behind me when fishing sometimes, I keep looking round and no ones there, I am pretty sure its my old man, on one occasion I suddenly felt a great warmth go through my body, he would like me to be warm; he was always telling me to wrap up and I have no doubts..
Once when fishing with the old man I wandered off to fish in the woods, it was getting dark and I heard a rustle behind me, a figure loomed up dressed in an old mac tied with string, old wellies and he was smelly and unshaven. However he was real and I shat myself thinking he was the local pervert and was going to cart me off to his den. Fortunately he turned out to be an angler and gave me some good tips but I was still relieved big time when the old man turned up.

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
You wil never become a senior member at this rate! Why are you still a guest.

flossy

Reaction score
Hav,nt a clue why its like it ,when i look at my profile i show as a full member yet online i don,t strange.:confused:

The Runner

Reaction score
It's interesting how some sense can make you know or feel when you are being watched, supernatural explanations or otherwise.
Had one "otherwise" many years ago when I lived in Newcastle.
Me and a mate were night fishing a pond about ten miles out of the city for eels, sitting about 20 yards apart. At about one in the morning I got this really uncomfortable feeling that I was being watched, turned round but couldn't see anything, and feeling a bit spooked, got up and walked along to my mate for a chat. At which point a voice close behind us said "No, it's OK, its just two blokes fishing" and a couple of lads emerged from the undergrowth , one with a crossbow and the other a few yards behind him with a very dead deer. They had obviously heard us or seen a torch and worried that we might have been some form of officialdom on their trail.
Had a chat and a cup of coffee with them before they disappeared into the night again as silently as they must have approached us.

B

binka

I encountered a ghost during a night session many years ago, the damn thing kept nicking me fags!

Turned out to be my reformed ex-smoker mate who's will had all but collapsed and was sneaking a few in when he thought I was fast on! :eek:hno: