bobn1895

Reaction score
Hi, Im an old ex sailor (RN) who is looking to get back into fishing after a 35 year ish break. I threw myself into motorbikes lock stock and barrel after retiring from the Navy but having just recovered from a major heart attack (April) and being nagged something awful from the significant other. I find myself looking towards the water to provide my entertainment once more. I live in the Hampton Court area and fished this stretch of the Thames from Kingston to Sunbury many times as a kid. Also the Hurley stretch. Im looking forward to starting again and will be getting myself kitted up over winter ready to start properly next spring. Things have changed alot since I last picked a rod up in anger. My recent visit to my local tackle shop showed me that. Mention swing tip nowadays. A lot to re-learn but i'm properly up for it. Look forward to seeing a few of you out there. I will be in for advice from time to time.:confused::eek: [/B]

Keith M

Reaction score
Hi Bob,
Welcome to the FM forum.

I was also in the RN (in the fleet air arm) back in the 60s and 70s, and I was in the RN & RM Angling club in Pompey for a few years during the 70s

Look forward to reading your posts.

Keith