Ferrules

Pete Shears

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I might obtain a replacement ferrule for a landing net handle - mine shot out of the fibreglass/carbon mix handle with a cutting blade attached whilst hacking undergrowth on the River Wreake Monday morning ? It is now in about 10ft of water.
Standard 3/8 BSF internal thread with an OD of 14mm would do the job - all my old banksticks have ferrules with a much too large OD.

robtherake

Reaction score
I might have something, Pete. I bust my trusty Prologic handle, which has an internal fitting held in place by rivets.

If that ain't any good I have an old composite handle that I was given (like a piece of rubber!) which has a push-over alloy-sleeved thread. I'll measure them up later.

robtherake

Reaction score
I might have something, Pete. I bust my trusty Prologic handle, which has an internal fitting held in place by rivets.

If that ain't any good I have an old composite handle that I was given (like a piece of rubber!) which has a push-over alloy-sleeved thread. I'll measure them up later.

The composite handle threaded sleeve has an OD of 14 mm and a length of 30mm. If it's what you want, PM your details and I'll remove it and pop it in the post, tout de suite.