Silver Birch fishery in Cheshire

nutsinmay

Reaction score
This is apparently a members only private water.

Is anyone a member, or has had any contact with them?

I'm trying to find out some basic info that isn't on their website, but no joy.

nutsinmay

Reaction score
Having had a look at their website About Us - Carp Fisheries and Carp Fishing in Cheshire and the north west Coarse Fishing - Cheshire's Leading Specimen water and Carp Water - Tetley Angling - they are advertising memberships for the next year, have an enquiries line and a mobile number - might be worth trying that! ;)
Tight Lines :thumbs:

Thanks for your post - yes I saw all that, so I sent an email with a couple of general questions about on-site facilities. I eventually received a reply (after sending a polite chase-up) saying they couldn't consider my 'membership application' unless I filled the form in. So I filled the form in (labelling it as a General Enquiry) and asked the same questions, but have had no reply.

Not sure why I need to give my date of birth, car reg no. etc etc if I'm only asking things like do they have toilets on site, but I jumped through the hoops just to get an answer.

There's no way I'm going to apply and pay up if they're not prepared to answer a couple of queries beforehand.

greenie62

Reaction score
....There's no way I'm going to apply and pay up if they're not prepared to answer a couple of queries beforehand.

I can quite understand your frustration over a simple query - might be worth trying the mobile number and sending a txt - might keep the Hon Sec sweet if you do wish to apply following the answer! ;)
Good luck - let us know how you get on!

nutsinmay

Reaction score
I can quite understand your frustration over a simple query - might be worth trying the mobile number and sending a txt - might keep the Hon Sec sweet if you do wish to apply following the answer! ;)
Good luck - let us know how you get on!

Well I'm 64 and a person of principle and I've come across enough 'Little Hitlers' in my life (traffic warden mentality once you give' em a title). If they can't (or don't want to) answer a simple query, it makes you wonder what they're like with the rules and anything else for that matter!

The silly thing is that they're advertising for new members, and you'd think an enquiry would be welcome.

I'll try one last polite reminder, and then move on!

greenie62

Reaction score
Same age and probably at least as bloody-minded as you :eek: - take some freely-offered advice in the helpful spirit it was given - just txt/call the guy:):doh:

nutsinmay

Reaction score
Same age and probably at least as bloody-minded as you :eek: - take some freely-offered advice in the helpful spirit it was given - just txt/call the guy:):doh:

It's a strange reflection on society that I have done absolutely nothing wrong and I'm being called bloody-minded lol! :eek:mg: He's the one being bloody-minded by insisting I fill a form in. It's bizarre that he wants to know your date of birth, car reg number etc when all you want to know is do they have toilets - the form just bounces back to you with a red warning if you don't complete all the boxes.

I did say I'd try one last reminder and I already have. I sent a polite chase-up since my last post and have not had a response.

As I said, I think he's power-mad and outraged that someone might actually have a query as opposed to just sending money blindly.

Anyway, that's it - I'm not going to grovel - it's only a two-bob place when all's said and done.

Edit: just as a PS - I've just had a reply, and I quote:

"Our membership application site on our web site closed on the 28th August. So we have no memberships available for this year"

How bizarre, and what an amazing coincidence! If you look at the website it says nothing about closing for applications on 28th August and the form is still there.

Sounds like they're running a 'closed shop' for friends and 'known' people.

Last edited: