Solid PR from Shakespeare.

robtherake

Reaction score
As I mentioned in a recent write-up, a Shakespeare Expedition travel spinning rod failed first time out, with the 3rd section exploding because of an inherent fault.

Sent some pics to Shakespeare, who replied within 24 hours, saying that a replacement section was already in the post. Can't fault that level of customer service.:)

steve2

Reaction score
I once had a problem getting spare sections for a Shakespeare Pole through the local tackle shops so I rang Shakespeare. The spare sections were in the post that day and they rang to check that they had arrived safely.
Excellent customer service.

Also in the past had dealings with Diawa they never even answered my emails.
Seem to have rubbish after sales service.

robtherake

Reaction score
...and true to their word it has already arrived. Plus, it's in a telescopic rod's bag, which may come in useful for summat, and the the packaging is a genuine oval rod tube that'll be handy for extra-long floats. Bonus!:)

Last edited:

john step

Reaction score
Shakespeare are not a fashionable company , no big name anglers sponsored by them I can think off but they produce good gear at decent prices

Yep, not the fashion name they used to be but I agree they make decent serviceable rods at a reasonable price. I have a few of them.

trotter2

Reaction score
Shakespeare always did look after there costumers. The gear they produce these days is excellent at bargain prices considering what you get.
TOPS