Guru elasticated x safe feeder

mikench

Reaction score
Also incorporated into the stems is a Speed Bead, which allows hook lengths to be changed in seconds via a small quick change swivel which pulls back into the bead to secure it to the rig.

The above is a quote. The original stems had an o ring through which the hook length was attached usually by a loop knot. The new stems have the new speed bead. My question for you Gurus out there is how do you get the quick change swivel to pull back. I cannot do it and clearly the rig will not be secure.

I could attach a tale rubber but that defeats the entire design! What am I doing wrong?

mikench

Reaction score
Thank you Peter. I have seen those vids but they show the speed beads sold separately. The new elasticated stems have a different shape of speed bead which I cannot seem to adjust to cover the quick link end of the swivel. This is built into the elastic and replaces the simple 0 ring.

The quick link is supposed to retract/ be pulled/pushed up into the bead to make the rig secure. Mine does not move without the magic touch I clearly lack!

http://www.tackleguru.com/matchfishingnews/revealed-the-new-x-safe-speed-stems

Last edited:

rayner

Reaction score
If the swivel is not pulling fully into the plastic cover then perhaps your main line knot is too big preventing it from fully pulling in. I can't see another reason.

I just checked your link Mike, if I'd done that first I would know it's not your main line knot, I recon it's the knot in the elastic causing the trouble.

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
I have been trying the stem on its own and will do so again. I bought two and they are both the same!