Carp venue help/advice please

tigernut

Reaction score
Hello
I am looking to find a carp venue (south Yorkshire/north lincs) for next year 2017 and I am struggling to be honest guys, several reasons for this, I am partly disabled with Arthritis in my shoulders, elbows, wrists and knees. I also have regular severe bouts of sciatica so all this has restricted my angling to fisheries where I can get my car to my peg or very near it as I cannot carry my gear no matter how light/reduce what I take with me.
This season I joined a local small syndicate that is a 3 lake complex but although there is nothing big in there it constantly frustrates me as the carp lake is allowed to be fished by coarse anglers alike which is unfortunately is a longstanding cause of aggrovation between carp anglers and coarse/match anglers, many times carp lads will turn up up only to find nearly all the pegs taken by maggot bashers with pole or feeder rod all claiming they are not carp fishing but after the other stuff !!! All the carp are double figure fish but the owner allows anglers to fish with light pole gear for the carp which results in carp frequently getting lost in the lilly beds, carp anglers are told we must have the correct gear to fish for the carp ie atleast 42in landing net, good un hooking mat, atleast 12lb line and all the other gear a proper carp angler should be using, but we get pole anglers mainly fishing this lake allegedly for the chub/bream/barbell etc but when you have a single grain of corn on you know whats going to happen sooner or later !!! Also they have no un hooking mat and nine times out of ten a 12 inch pan net, as you can imagine this makes our blood boil to say the least, so this is one of the reasons I want a better place to fish for next year, I also have membership of an estate lake of about ten acres near Rotherham which has proved an immense disappointment, several of us have put the hours in and of about 6 fish between us only one was over ten pound (12lb). I must state this lake is classed as a mixed lake but we were told there are many double figure carp and plenty over 20lb, unfortunately just getting a run is an achievement !
So here I am wanting preferably a syndicate lake with good access to most pegs, that is mainly a carp lake so as to avoid aggro with the maggot drowners, I am not too obsessed with it being full of 30s and 40s but a good sprinkling of 20s and a few 30s would be nice, my question is simple, taking my disabilities into account and also my current frustrations with my two club waters this season, can you recommend a water in or near south Yorkshire that fits my criteria and isn't ridiculously expensive ? Please do not think I am anti pole fishing or maggot drowning etc but I am just an angler that thinks you should use the right gear for the fish you are targeting !
Any suggestions or advice would be great fully received.

Tight Lines guys

mikench

Reaction score
I am sure someone will have some useful info about your locality assuming you can and are willing to drive some distance. Good luck!