New feeder rod

yorkieman

Reaction score
Started using the Method feeder and really enjoying it. Was much better than the float because of my failing sight.

The rod I have is very old, and it was pointed out to me with a friendly angler that it was far too stiff for Method type fishing.

He was right, as I could clearly see his rod end move with the slightest bite, but on my rod there was only "the big bite" which registered.

So a feeder rod is required but which one ?

Looking at the Diawa Harrier Feeder 12/13ft as its not expensive and seems well built.

Any better rod for that sort of money....£50 - £60 maybe more if I can convince wife
(we need one).

Whether 2 or 3 piece ?

Any offers anywhere ?

Thanks again.

greenie62

Reaction score
...The rod I have is very old, and it was pointed out to me with a friendly angler that it was far too stiff for Method type fishing.....

Rod is very old? - It's possible then that it has a screw-fitting in the tip-eye which will take a screw in quiver-tip? (They've stopped putting these on more modern rods! :eek:mg:) This could save you some money! :D

As a BTW - it might be prudent to stay below 12' in your search - usually once you go above this rods tend to be 3-piece. It's often more convenient - particularly if on the move - to stick with 2-piece rods.

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
I am a novice like you but I have bought a number of rods. My main feeder rod is a Korum 10ft feeder with twin tips which are interchangeable and I like it a lot. It is light, strong and I have caught carp to double figures ( just the one - probably) with it. Being only 10 ft I can use it on smaller lakes, canals and waters surrounded by trees and shrubs where a 12 ft would be cumbersome.

I think they are about £50. I would certainly recommend it!

The latest model has 1oz tip and a 2oz tip. Mine has a .75 oz and a 1.5oz. Can be bought for £46.99 at Matchman Supplies

Last edited:

yorkieman

Reaction score
Thanks for a very quick reply.

Checked my rod and its just a eye at the tip and nothing where to screw to.

And up to now I pick a place and stay there never walkabout.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score

mikench

Reaction score
So as you can see Yorkieman, you do not have to spend a fortune to obtain a perfectly good quality and modern rod. You could try a 10 ft or a 12 ft and then later if happy buy the other as rods of different lengths give you more options dependent on your venues.:)

You will really notice a difference with a new modern feeder rod with sensitive tips; I certainly did!;)

ribblemeister

Reaction score
Shakespeare sigma 10 or 11 Ft 2 piece with 2 tips at about £30 a steal.
Very underrated Shakespeare rods

yorkieman

Reaction score
The Maver 12ft Abyss looks ok and about £42.50 seems a good buy.

Will call in the local shop tomorrow and take a close look.

Thanks again.