bait boat repair

cat man

Reaction score
hi i live in Northampton i have a angling technics standard bait boat battery has gone just wondering if anyone knows anyone who can change battery for me for good price

thecrow

Reaction score
If there is a shop that does remote control stuff near you they may be worth a try.

PS this thread probably shouldn't be it this bit of the forum.

Last edited:

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
Welcome, Cat-Man.
As The Crow implies, 'Tackle Talk' is the best category for your enquiry...never mind - can anyone help? Could you use a catapult instead?

cat man

Reaction score
looks like it £17 collection £94 repair £17 delivery thought might have been cheaper

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
When you ay that the battery "has gone" what exactly are you referring to?

When I bought my Technic boat years ago I ordered several spare batteries off of flea-bay for around a tenner a piece . . . . rather than have the hassle of having ot charge on the band.

I also bought one of those solar chargers at the same time - and that was about as useful as a chocolate fire guard!

thecrow

Reaction score
I don't understand this, Peter purchased batteries to save charging on the bank implying that the battery is accessible While cat-man is saying he has to send his away to be changed? are they two different models with access on one and not on another?

I have read that the battery is bonded to the bottom of the hull on some and that to DIY its a pig of a job but can be done.

cat man

Reaction score
its the angling technics standard bait boat whitch the battery is stuck to the bottom and is a night mare to get in to the boat and get the battery out as if not done prooperly you can crack the hull of the boat

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
On the Viper Mk III that I have the battery is in an accessible compartment and is held in place by a Velcro strip, so easily changed out.

I cannot see the sense, or the design parameters, of having the battery in an inaccessible or closed compartment.

When I was doing a lot of Carp fishing then the boat was very useful to get to places where casting was pretty much impossible, and yet still a safe fishing situation.

Also, the ability to be wholly accurate in positioning the baited hook together with a quantity of feed is just not manageable with a catapult alone, and I am very accurate with the 'pult.

I am not saying that the boat was used on every trip, in fact probably only one in five or six, but when it was employed it gave results that were not possible with conventional means.

cat man

Reaction score
angling technics charge £94 for repair and £17 each way courier so works out £128 to get repaired