Tench

mikench

Reaction score
I will not bore you with the events of today save that I caught my first tench about 1.5 Lb. what a pleasant surprise it was as I realised !

I was using PVA bags ( probably a bit big) until the heavens opened and a gale force wind got up. It did not dampen my enthusiasm!!!!

devon stalker

Reaction score
well done mike ,im hoping to get one myself next week if its not to cold up here now, i am mainly targeting carp but searching around with another rod on the feeder or float for a tench or bream !im just happy to be getting out again ! was going out myself today but your weather sounds the same as up here "lashing it down and blowing a hoolie " im to old now for a soaking at the start of the day ,i can just about tolerate packing up in it but now way starting .heres hoping your next tench is way bigger like your carp was :thumbs:

tom_moran

Reaction score
Congrats mate! I love tench. As for being too cold, they still need to eat, just less often. I find in the winter blending up about half a kg of corn I'm a blender and adding a little water does well. I use it like chum and fish over 10 or so grains of corn with one ledgered

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

flightliner

Reaction score
Congrats mate! I love tench. As for being too cold, they still need to eat, just less often. I find in the winter blending up about half a kg of corn I'm a blender and adding a little water does well. I use it like chum and fish over 10 or so grains of corn with one ledgered

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Tom, Aldi must think I live on the stuff, I've been buying the odd ten tins at a time to blitz into a cold corn slop. It's great for bream on the pole intruduced from a cup, same for the tench.:)

mikench

Reaction score
Thanks chaps for your kind comments. I enjoy trying new techniques on the bank including making up a bag, tying it with PVA tape and drawing my hook length threw it with a baiting needle. As my wife says" you are in the now".

Apparently this means that spending 15 minutes or so concentrating on setting up a rig removes stress and helps the brain. I hope she is right. I was really thrilled with my lovely little tench and plan to catch more. I also had 3 nice common the largest around 5lb. I missed about 4 at the net when the hook just pulled out. It was a new hook so no idea why other than my usual ineptitude.!:)

Throw in a few chats over a coffee with fellow members and it was a lovely day.