sodium bicarbonate sorbent - Bait making ?

magicone

Reaction score
I've started making my own pellet/boilie using various ingredients, but using no eggs.

Read somewhere that 'Potassium Sorbate' could be used in the making of bait/pellets/boillies to help stop Bacteria forming and decaying the bait. Increasing/preserving the life of the bait before deteriorating ie: shelf-life.

Has anyone used this or know where to get hold of this Sodium or know of any equivalent.

Sorry, I've edited the post as I inserted the wrong additive which is now correct.

Last edited:

laguna

Reaction score
Potassium sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Citric acid. Used as food grade preservatives. We sometimes sell some to the bait making fraternity, use at 0.01% per KG (1% by weight).

Good call on the zero eggs btw! :thumbs:

chav professor

Reaction score
Potassium sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Citric acid. Used as food grade preservatives. We sometimes sell some to the bait making fraternity, use at 0.01% per KG (1% by weight).

Good call on the zero eggs btw! :thumbs:

Eggs... a solution to 'binding'... best avoided! Want to free stuff up!!! Plus, if you freeze/thaw used up boiled egg baits - you risk growing botulism along with a few other nasties