First visit to Marsh Farm, Surrey

sampras43

Reaction score
Hi all,

Haven't posted in a while and planning to fish Marsh farm later on this week for the first time and noticed a few of you know the fishery quite well. Any tips for someone floating for the tench and crucians? I have fished Bury Hill a few times and heard Marsh is better. Which lake do you prefer, Harris?

I was going to fish light, probably using small soft hookable pellets, maggot and corn, all of which seem to work at Bury.

Any advice most welcome

barbelboi

Reaction score
Harris is the one to fish (no snotties), the other is the match lake and has loads of snotties............

sampras43

Reaction score
Thanks Jerry, hope you're well. You helped me set up a crackin float rig at Lizard Lakes a couple of years ago.

barbelboi

Reaction score
I'm good thanks - if it's hot don't let it bother you, we had some of our best crues out either side of midday in very hot, sunny weather. The margins and the other side of the shelf at around 6m generally produced.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Marsh Farm is a good venue but it is far from easy to fish.

Most of the "usual" baits seem to work quite well but it is a matter of trial and error on most days.

I wish it were closer to my home as then I'd fish it more often

barbelboi

Reaction score
For the latest info have a chat with Steve, or one of his assistants, in Apollo (the well stocked on site tackle shop) when you buy your ticket. They also have maggots/casters in the shop should you require them.