Storage boxes for tackle sundries (at home )

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
This is a bit of a long shot....

My current boxes are now in need of replacement, so I'm looking at a number of smallish plastic boxes with lids to replace them.

For storing everything from packets of hooks to lead weights, I want boxes in the region of 10" x 12" ( 250 x 300 ) to fit cupboards sizes, BUT ideally they must have ( either ) fixed compartments of a suitable size or, better still those with movable dividers.

For example Hobbby Craft do a 22 x 35 x 50 deep box that may do the job ( c/w dividers ) and this may be all I can get (£8) but if anyone has knowledge of others perhaps they can let me know..............

Thanks.

ps The 10" dimension is fixed and lids necessary.................

mikench

Reaction score
I doubt these suggestions will suit but Angling Times have an offer for their readers of 6 small boxes with dividers( i cannot recall the dimensions) for the cost of the postage ie £1.99. I ordered some but have not received them yet.

I use takeaway containers for bits of tackle ie one for weights, one for PVA bags , hooks, hooks to nylon etc. They are clear( no dividers) and I print on the top the contents in indelible marker. I use the deep ones and the shallower ones to suit and they sit side by side and stack well. I do wash them first.

I also use them for the different varieties of pellets, GB and meat etc. I keep the larger 2kg bags in the car and top up the plastic containers after every session. That way my stuff is a little lighter. I make my pellets and GB up in relatively small quantities but that is me. When they become old or cracked i just throw away and use fresh ones. I put these in my very large diameter bait bowl ( Shakespeare) and they are easily accessible and stack neatly.

Maybe the faint and lingering odour of a beef madras or Satay chicken are that special ingredient that makes a difference:)

robtherake

Reaction score
I got a set of three boxes - about A5 size - from Aldi. They have lift-out compartmented trays with storage beneath. Two are about 2" deep, with the other one being twice that depth. They're well-made and the clip fastenings are very secure. They also do a larger box - A4 size - with lift-out trays for smaller items (with similar storage beneath) and full depth compartments with moveable dividers.

All are ideal for either tackle boxes or bits storage. The set was £6 and the larger box £5, if I remember right.

In Yorkshire Trading Co. (on the high street) there's a much larger box with tons of compartments, in the haberdashery area.

Last edited:

steve2

Reaction score
Why is that Fox box so expensive surely nobody pays £20 for a bits box?
Try your local DIY store plenty of choice there.

ken more

Reaction score

Some will I guess. Probably for the same reason that some pay £100 plus for an umbrella:eek:

Keith M

Reaction score

You can always get yourself one of the Greys Prodigy compact boxes if you have £40 burning a hole in your pocket or maybe the standard Prodigy box for £60 Lol

I don't think that these are what Tee-Cee is looking for though Lol

Keith

Last edited:

Keith M

Reaction score
Just noticed your tag line Keith; I wonder how the wife would describe you;)

I just asked her and she says that Im a miserable old fart but she wouldn't change me for the world.

NB: I think she's either broken one of my rods or she's after something Lol.

Keith

iain t

Reaction score
Get all my storage containers from the pound shop including hobby ones with adjustable sections.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions, including Jerry who must be filthy rich to afford Fox!! Still, I suppose class will out.........................

Will try the Pound shop and Aldl, plus the DIY supermarkets...

Thanks again...

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
I have found the Bacho boxes very useful they have adjustable partitions but not the easiest to find have found one hardware store that stocks them in Smethwick but not many more .

PG ...