Shimano team Mach 15' float rod.

dicky123

Reaction score
I've used main lines up to 8lb with hooklinks of 7lb, with no problems. However I've also used 5lb with a 3lb bottom, and felt very lunge of small roach.

The rod has a soft tip, with plenty of grunt in the lower 2/3 of the black. That transforms into an excellent playing rod for modest fish, but hook a decent barbel on say the Trent, and you should land it with care, and patience.

The first time a friend of mine held this rod, he could not believe the lightness, and just how good an all black rod looks. If your not put off by the Name on the rod, then it's a fantastic tool for float fishing.

Used on my local canal, it landed tench to over 4lb. The extra length being ideal for holding fish out of the rushes in my margin.

At under £90 I'd doubt you would find a better rod. In fact if you had £300 you could not do better honest.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Are you sure that you've got the make/name of this rod correct? Shakespeare did a Mach 3 15' float rod recently. They often use "team" in their names.

Shimano don't tend to use "team" and have never used "Mach" to my knowledge.

robertroach

Reaction score
I have got a Shakespeare Mach 3 XT 15ft rod I use quite a lot for float fishing. It's black and about £90, so I wonder if this is the same rod?

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A friend of mine got one a couple of years back, they where on offer at 50 notes,. It is a nice rod for 50 notes without a doubt.
He even got a made up case and a tube included !

Oops, forgot to say it was the mach 3 15 footer.

Last edited:

caferacer

Reaction score
A friend of mine got one a couple of years back, they where on offer at 50 notes,. It is a nice rod for 50 notes without a doubt.
He even got a made up case and a tube included !

Oops, forgot to say it was the mach 3 15 footer.
Those Mach 3 15fters are probably the best distance slider rods available.50 sheets?A steal.

dicky123

Reaction score
Thanks Robert.

That's the one, I paid £89 if I remember. Amazing rod and I've tried a few.

steppe warrior

Reaction score
Hi all new to the website and came across this whilst hunting for reviews on Acolytes, going to get one at 13ft.
Anyway, as I am getting an Acolyte I just wanted to let you all know that i have a Shimano Hyperloop X 15ft job in good condition.
A 15ft rod is just too big for me as all my fishing is done on lakes, just can't (or poss won't) get to grips with rivers. As such it is for sale if there are any takers out there.
length 15 ft wt 178g, this is a great rod with plenty in reserve _ I've landed 10lb+ carp on it so it is proven.

In the west London (Ruislip) area say £40, buyer collects.