Bite alarm

mikench

Reaction score
Can you buy a bite alarm for the end of your rod rest arm which has an adjustable head allowing it to be screwed into the end , in place of the rod rest head, but then twisted 90degrees so it stands vertical just like the rod rest head?

mikench

Reaction score
I believe you have Peter and one of those would work perfectly. I have since had a eureka moment revealed in the thread about bobbins.

mikench

Reaction score
Don't say any more Rob!:) I have just ordered a Chub T3 alarm on your recommendation:) . You are costing me a fortune( awaiting delivery today of two rods, one for sea fishing and a Darent Valley for river and general fishing)

I want to be in when DHL arrive so they can go straight in the garage and become lost in all the other tackle!:rolleyes:

mikench

Reaction score
Got it! Now need some batteries. Where can I find 2.5 mm x 8 mm cylindrical isotopes ? I will probably never need them but their comforting glow might cheer up a dark winter evening!:rolleyes:

mikench

Reaction score
Cheers Rob. I will enquire! Couldn't find any on the net not even from Chub who are part of Greys!

mikench

Reaction score
No problem with this. I cannot locate the isotopes for the Chub anywhere ! They are 2.5 mm x 8mm ! Do you use them Rob and if do where did you get them?

I can find 2 mm x 6 mm but not the correct size. Mike

robtherake

Reaction score
I've never felt the need to use isotopes on a bite alarm. They're easy enough to make out, even in full dark.