NGT tackle

mikench

Reaction score
I continue to be amazed at the quality and value for money their products represent ! I bought some rod bands months ago for my float rod made by Jarvis Walker( I think or something like that) which are very badly designed. They are a coarse plastic with Velcro, and far too long so that wrapping and unwrapping them from the rod is a pain. I have now bought some NGT equivalents made from neoprene and velcro and they are fabulous to both use and touch. They even have a pouch for a weight!

They were cheaper and better quality! Does anybody have any experience of their rods and reels which seem too cheap to be any good.

I have bought their reel cases, PVA kit , hooks, rod bands and a unhooking mat and cannot fault them! Really good gear for the money!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I recently bought a couple of NGT 5ltr buckets (they have metal handles) off ebay for £7 delivered. I would have used some old shed stain buckets but even after washing them out they had a strong smell so thought better of it. The NGT buckets "are only buckets lol" but they're solid and the lids are air tight and tight fitting. I drilled a load of holes in one for maggots and will keep the other as is to keep pellets etc fresh.

john step

Reaction score
Their 11foot carbon 4 piece carp travel rods at 2.75lb are very good. Good enough for regular non travelling use as well.

B

binka

If I need any small tackle/rig bags it's the first place I look, they were half price on their website recently at something daft like three quid apiece.

From what I can see I think just about all their gear is decent, usable stuff at very good prices.

Hugh Bailey

Reaction score
Hmm - didn't know about this. I've had a really cheap telescopic travel rod that I've used for maybe 15 years - caught some god fish on it but it really needs replacing - the 9 ft travel looks OK to me - has anyone used it at all?

robtherake

Reaction score
Hmm - didn't know about this. I've had a really cheap telescopic travel rod that I've used for maybe 15 years - caught some god fish on it but it really needs replacing - the 9 ft travel looks OK to me - has anyone used it at all?

Had a waggle of one in my local Boyes store the other day and was definitely tempted.