Nosey fish??

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Very often when fishing a deserted stretch of river with no sign of a fish topping etc no sooner have I got in the river and fish will jump high out of the water right near me...this has happened to me far to many times for it to be co-incidental. I really do think they jump out for a nosey at whats attached to the feet they can see or what's causing the noise.
Anyone else noticed this strange phenomenon?

By the way i've not lost me marbels :D.

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
They probably are and they go back to their mates saying" you'll never guess who that Tigger looks like";)

bracket

Reaction score
Tigger. I can't say I have experienced that. Mind you the venues I fish are so prolific if a fish jumped out of the water it would never get it's place back again. ::wh Pete

Last edited:

Keith M

Reaction score
Very often when fishing a deserted stretch of river with no sign of a fish topping etc no sooner have I got in the river and fish will jump high out of the water right near me...this has happened to me far to many times for it to be co-incidental. I really do think they jump out for a nosey at whats attached to the feet they can see or what's causing the noise.

I've had the very occasional barbel roll on the surface just before a take especially when there's a bit of colour in the water; so you might be right tigger Lol..

Keith

john step

Reaction score

Are you sure? If so you are the only one on here that hasn't:D

Seriously on nosey fish...Several times I have had carp nosing around closely at tench and carp that I was playing.
Also I have had perch follow a silver into the fold of the landing net but this was probably greed more than nosiness.

barbelboi

Reaction score

They probably want to see who's attached to that daft line Ian........................;)

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
At times you would swear there are no fish in the river or pond for that matter, you cannot buy a bite, then at dusk the water seems alive with fish- strange but true !!

Bob

B

binka

This fish looking around business is not something I've experienced...

They're all long gone after the sound of landing net handles cracking and chairs collapsing :eek:mg:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This fish looking around business is not something I've experienced...

They're all long gone after the sound of landing net handles cracking and chairs collapsing :eek:mg:

I bet they've all f***in' choked laughing and floated off dead :eek:mg:;).