Planning

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Planning a full day fishing is not easy in this country

I've planned many a trip with friends but gave always been on the idea that the weather would be in our favour it's the

The "it's fine weather less go" phone call is the usual

Do you go what ever the weather is doing or wait until the day to confirm your plans

john step

Reaction score
At the moment I grab any opportunity due to family problems. S0d the weather. I just pick a venue most suitable and savour the day.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
My fishing time severely limited these days so when I plan a trip then I go, regardless of the weather conditions.

The only concession I might make though is a possible change of venue to get better protection from inclement weather.

tom_moran

Reaction score
If I've planned to go and have the time I'll go pretty much whatever the weather is, unless it's lashing down and stormy. I don't have the luxury of being able to pick up the rods when the weathers nice

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

B

binka

Without a doubt my last few sessions have generally been unplanned, impromptu affairs which have been very rewarding.

Whilst I like to plan and occasionally target, I think the problem with it all is the expectation that it builds with it.

At least when you are unplanned everything seems like a bonus and you're not falling short on any pre-set targets which can make everything feel very pleasant indeed :)

rayner

Reaction score
I have set days when I fish, I flatly refuse to fish weekends or bank holidays. I had a nice day yesterday roach fishing, I was the only anglers on the pond I fished. I prefer seclusion on the bank.
My days are Mon, Wed and Fri.
If the weathers too wet or windy I loose days, I can cope with light rain or showers but persistent heavy rain keeps me in.

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
Weather has a large bearing on whether or where i will go. I try to plan trips when weather or river conditions are suitable. At this time of the year i will be looking for mild mizzly nights, preferably with some mist around at dawn and not cold and clear or heavy rain. If on a river, fining down or with some colour. I am generally not a fan of fishing in windy conditions, especially if i intend to float fish. Swim choice can obviously help. As others have pointed out, mid week preferred to get place to myself.

Last edited:

thecrow

Reaction score
There was a time that I would fish in all weathers -6 nights snow wind rain all were coped with but now most of the time if I am going local I wont go if its going to be persisting it down, if I am visiting further afield then the weather is what it is.