Direction of the river!

benny samways

Reaction score
I must admit that I dont like it when im fishing a river and the flow is going from left to right!

I much prefer it coming from the right to left. I think its because im right handed and prefer everything going across my body (when casting and looking for bites) as opposed to away from me!

Am i even weirder than i think i am or does anyone else have a preference?

Feel free to just call me a lunatic!:eek:mg::eek:mg:

sam vimes

Reaction score
I've had to think hard about it, but I suspect I prefer left to right, marginally. However, unlike wind direction, it's not something I consider at all when selecting a peg or venue for the day.

rubio

Reaction score
Not got a dominant preference but I wasn't pleased the other evening when right to left switched and went upstream! Fish weren't comfortable with it either apparently.

seth49

Reaction score
Much prefer right to left, possibly because the stretch I fished first of all for years flowed that way. It felt wrong somehow when I first fished the opposite bank. Still prefer right to left.

barbelboi

Reaction score
As long as I'm downstream of Neil M when he's feeding I'm not particularly bothered.............:)

bracket

Reaction score
I don't have a preference, either way suits me. I do like there to be a bit of pace in the river. It gives you so many options. Pete.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So long as my swims full of fish "either or" will do for me.

Last edited:
B

binka

Right to left for me.

There's something delightfully OCD about not wanting the line to come off the back of your rod when trotting with the 'pin :)

Unless you're left handed of course...

wardalan1987

Reaction score
Until recent I didn't have a preference. If I'm on the river with the feeder it makes no difference as far as I'm concerned.

I have recently just added lure fishing to my bag of tricks and with this I do feel happier with the flow going from left to right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk