New fella from Worcestershire

craigbo

Reaction score
Hi to all
I'm a mid 40s fella from Worcestershire. I haven't fished for well over 30 years until this summer. I have well and truly got the bug now and I have ventured out over the last few months to Severn in Bewdley on a few occasions, Teme near Great Witley and Woodland View fisheries near Worcester.
My biggest problem is that I want to know everything straight away, which is of course impossible.
Having only been using a float since starting, I'm hoping to try a feeder in the next few days. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Hoping to chat with some of you.

john step

Reaction score
Welcome back to fishing. Although some things change. Fish are still fish and eat which enables us to catch them.
I think a good place to find out about feeder fishing would be You tube.
Tight lines.

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Welcome to FM Craig, best tip would be a BAA ticket, there's lots of the Severn and Teme available. Woodlands is a bit "Carpy" but if you can fish midweek, Hawfords Bridge has some good pools (booked solid weekends) and a stretch of the Salwarpe. Willow Marsh is pretty fair with some decent Carp, again they are often booked for matches Sat/Sun

mattyp663

Reaction score
Hi Craig,

When you start feeder fishing I would personally recommend using an in-line feeder.

I started feeder fishing myself about a year ago and started off by using a cage feeder which didn't suit my fishing style, Im a clean presentation fisher and like everything to be exactly how I want.

I generally do more pellet feeder fishing than I do groundbait feedering, so I use a in-line 24g pellet feeder , with a quick change bead and a middy banded hook lenth. I guess it just depends on what bait you prefer to use though.

Hope this helps somewhat!