Fishing trousers

mikench

Reaction score
Waterproof and lined trousers or overtrousers, which are more comfortable and practical? I always try to land a fish on an unhooking mat whilst in the landing net so cannot see me using a bib and brace!

B

binka

Bib 'n Brace for me, a heavy duty warm type in winter and lighter in summer although I occasionally just wear jeans or shorts if it's really dry and hot.

I really like the b&b for keeping everything underneath nice and clean so that you're in a reasonable state for that pint on the way home ;)

barbelboi

Reaction score
Bin 'n brace for the autumn/winter, can't beat 'em for keeping the cold wind off the nether regions and the ones I have are 100% waterproof. Usually jogging bottoms or craghoppers for the summer, too many nettles and prickly things along the river banks I fish for shorts..........

mikench

Reaction score
Go on then which bib and brace would you recommend? I loved fishing in the summer in shorts but must prepare for the cold if I am to actually go fishing rather than stay home!:)

Binka do you change from your b&b before popping in for a pint or three or keep them on?

Last edited:
B

binka

Binka do you change from your b&b before popping in for a pint or three or keep them on?

Just roll 'em off after packing up and chuck 'em in the car Mike, providing I've got some trousers on underneath :eek: :D

robtherake

Reaction score
Don't discount the much maligned onesie - brilliant when used as a layer under your regular kit. The standard ones are fine, although angling companies will sell you the same thing in green for twice as much money.:rolleyes:

I was lucky enough to win one of these (along with the best part of their full range) but it's far too hot for all but the coldest days.

Rompa, Undersuit, Onesie, onepiece - Navitas

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
In the real cold bib and braces
I've got some trousers that are lines and are ok in a shower but not in a prolonged rain down pour these are great in autumn
Summer light weight trousers

seth49

Reaction score
In summer I have some bib and braces, which I got from Aldi a couple of years ago, there brilliant for keeping bream slime etc of my better clothes underneath,

For winter when it's really cold and wet, I have a korum thermal suit,which keeps me warm and dry whatever the weather is doing, been out in heavy rain and gales all day in it, dry as a bone come time to go home.the best waterproof clothing I have owned.

sagalout

Reaction score
Shimano bib and brace for the summer, spring and autumn. If I venture out in the winter then it's drennan quilted bib and brace.

I like the bib and brace for keeping all the sh one t and slime of me clothes.

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Have a look at

Jack Pyke Hunter Trousers, I find these overtrousers very good apart from the coldest conditions.

Stu

flightliner

Reaction score
Army trews in summer, the in autumn jogging bottoms beneath the army gear.
Come the chillier days bib n brace, wore them for the first time erlier in the week in strong cold winds trentside and was as snug as the proverbial bug in a rug.

naxian62

Reaction score
Barbelboi.
What make are your waterproof bib n brace. I've yet to find something that is waterproof. A pair of Vass-texs gave out on me last week.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Barbelboi.
What make are your waterproof bib n brace. I've yet to find something that is waterproof. A pair of Vass-texs gave out on me last week.

Preston Drifish, the older model from some years ago (I wore that, with the jacket, standing up trotting at the FM LIF fish'in some 4 years ago where we had non stop torrential rain plus everything else the heavens could sling at us and not a drop of the wet stuff got through) . I also have the Drennan b&b (again some years old) which is equally as good.

mikench

Reaction score
Rob that onesie made me sweat just looking at it!! You could fish in the arctic in that! I will see how I get on during the winter as this will be my first winter as an angler and I use the term loosely ;)

hiho9

Reaction score
craghoppers all year, zip off for summer lined for winter. I also do a lot of walking so they get used for both.

robtherake

Reaction score
Rob that onesie made me sweat just looking at it!! You could fish in the arctic in that! I will see how I get on during the winter as this will be my first winter as an angler and I use the term loosely ;)

It has to be bloody cold before it can be worn without risking heat exhaustion on the walk to your peg. Similarly for the Drifish Celsius gear that Jerry mentions - never had a warmer coat, but it's far too hot for walking any real distance in.

barbelboi

Reaction score
It has to be bloody cold before it can be worn without risking heat exhaustion on the walk to your peg. Similarly for the Drifish Celsius gear that Jerry mentions - never had a warmer coat, but it's far too hot for walking any real distance in.

Yes Rob, I only wear it in the cold weather and the river bank's obviously not a place for rushing around and getting overheated.................;)

PS It's well before the Celious days and still waterproof (although I cheated a bit and bought two.......)