Funny fishing fail

nichalex

Reaction score
CvtALDKWEAALGgJ.jpg

View image in gallery

I found this on twitter the other day, what is your most embarrassing fishing moments ?

If you want to have another good laugh, look at these photos, they are just brilliant

https://birdinflight.com/inspiratio...onkursa-somedy-wildlife-photography-year.html

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
My worst ever "fail" was after a match and the weigh-in I was stood with my back to the peg chatting with a team mate while eating a sarnie

Chatting away I didn't notice a bloody Swan coming up behind me and snatching my sarnie from my hand.

I was shocked, and took a very "inopportune" step backwards straight into the margin of the peg that was 4 feet deep.

I stood there feeling like a right wally with water past me tender bits much to the delight of my team mates . . . . . . friends, who'd 'ave 'em . . . . . .

Last edited:

maurice walsh

Reaction score
when i were but a lad if 14, i managed to fall of the bridge in the pic, its about 15foot to the water, sat on the wall both legs over the water and managed to tip in while playing a 16lb salmon, i held on to the rod and got to the island under arch 2 from the left, and landed my fish:D i was sitting over the 4th arch from the left before i went in the drink:rolleyes:( pic is of my my home village of obriens bridge, co clare),, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O'Brien's_Bridge#/media/File:O'Briens_bridge_over_Shannon.jpg

mikench

Reaction score
The location looks wonderful Maurice ! You deserved a medal for those heroics.

Must visit Ireland with my tackle!:)

maurice walsh

Reaction score
The location looks wonderful Maurice ! You deserved a medal for those heroics.

Must visit Ireland with my tackle!:)

no need to bring tackle if you get here, ive more than enough for a couple of visitors, and, ammmm , cough, cough, ive tipped in off the bridge a few more times sense that first time, lol lol lol,

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
My wife's cousin runs a cafe on a boating lake in County Cork . I think it is called Bracken Hill, Shrone , Glengarrif. There may be fishing too!:) I think it is on the banks of a large lake.

Is this far from you?

Last edited:

bracket

Reaction score
.A most embarrassing moment for me occurred whilst fishing a Winter League match on the Trent. That day one team had not turned up so there was an empty peg in each section. Three hours into the match and I was bagging, pretty sure I had the section and could have a chance of framing. At this point a team member who was not fishing walked up to see how things were going. I said I had double figures already and it was looking good. He replied "Well that's a shame Pete, you're fishing the wrong peg, would you like me to give you a hand moving one down. Not likely I said, I will have to put my catch back, so off he went. Come the whistle I left my gear and legged it down to the end peg to the guy who was lumbered with the scales. I give you a hand friend I said, you work the scales and I will record the weights. When my catch was weighted, having already removed the peg and with my thumb conveniently covering the peg number on my weight card I managed to recoup the situation. Won the section which was great for the Team and came third overall. I didn't feel guilty as I reckon I would have had the same result off either peg but I did feel a prat at my inability to read. Pete.

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
Thats a long way by any reckoning! If we come over we shall have to visit the cousin! I see you like AC/DC my favourite band! Whole lot of Rosie!!!!

Last edited:

maurice walsh

Reaction score
Thats a long way by any reckoning! If we come over we shall have to visit the cousin! I see you like AC/DC my favourite band! Whole lot of Rosie!!!!

here in the land of eternal wind n rain a 3hr drive is only a quick "down the road" spin in the car:D not a big deal if your visiting there for me to take a quick spin down

B

binka

Back on the fail front...

I once went over to my mate on a local park lake for a mid-session chat.

Tensions were already running high as a week earlier I had destroyed, within five minutes, a bite alarm he had lent me and which he had owned for well over ten years but that is another story altogether.

The conversation inevitably dragged on, and on, and eventually I had to take a leak.

Doing the decent thing I turned my back on him and continued to do what comes naturally, until a woman walking a dog came into view.

Instinctively I spun around and, yes, you guessed it... :eek:mg:

maurice walsh

Reaction score
back on the fail front...

I once went over to my mate on a local park lake for a mid-session chat.

Tensions were already running high as a week earlier i had destroyed, within five minutes, a bite alarm he had lent me and which he had owned for well over ten years but that is another story altogether.

The conversation inevitably dragged on, and on, and eventually i had to take a leak.

Doing the decent thing i turned my back on him and continued to do what comes naturally, until a woman walking a dog came into view.

Instinctively i spun around and, yes, you guessed it... :eek:mg:
lol :D :D :D :D :D :D

ken more

Reaction score
Did a lot of Sea Fishing years ago (late 70's early 80's) Friend of mine always had the latest "best" gear, and was busy telling us about his latest non-slip thermal moon-boots as we descended a steep slope towards the shore. Anyway, a bit of concussion and eight stitches in his head later, proved that the boots were not as non-slip as first claimed.:eek::)

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
The conversation inevitably dragged on, and on, and eventually I had to take a leak. Doing the decent thing I turned my back on him and continued to do what comes naturally, until a woman walking a dog came into view. Instinctively I spun around and, yes, you guessed it...

Was that not more like your friend's fail than yours Steve?

:)

nichalex

Reaction score
Did a lot of Sea Fishing years ago (late 70's early 80's) Friend of mine always had the latest "best" gear, and was busy telling us about his latest non-slip thermal moon-boots as we descended a steep slope towards the shore. Anyway, a bit of concussion and eight stitches in his head later, proved that the boots were not as non-slip as first claimed.:eek::)

That got me really laughing, I know of these tackle tarts.

nichalex

Reaction score
I had just remembered that a friend of mind once called in sick for work to go fishing instead. He got to the mark, and noticed, his boss was there too !