Busiest time for forums?

theartist

Reaction score
Just curious to know when people post more on here - Is it in the summer when perhaps we maybe out and about a lot or is it the dark winter months when the weather is keeping us in?

greenie62

Reaction score
Interesting question Rob - answer should be easy to give us from those with 'finger on the button':rolleyes:.

As for reasons for seasonal variation - it's tempting to think "those who can (fish) do - those who can't post" - to paraphrase an old saying.

I wonder though - with the supposed older and less fit demographic on this site - whether that sways such seasonal variability.

rayner

Reaction score
I've not been a member of this forum long but every day I don't fish I look in.
I only contribute to or even read threads which peak interest.
I always check one blokes threads.
I fish less this time of year but if the weather suits I will be out, so visits will increase if weather is dodgy.
that perhaps won't equate to more contributions from me but that may be a good thing.

rubio

Reaction score
Optimum time for me is when I should be doing chores around the house.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been a member here for almost 15 years and for the majority of that time have been a moderator as well for the site.

From my experience I can say that we do have a few periods where posts increase disproportionately to "normal" times.

Typically we have a couple of annual "silly seasons" like a few weeks either side of the Close Season, and then again as the nights draw in as people seems to spend more time online rather than irn the garden or down at their local pub'

Otherwise, even as an international site, we see the large proportion of posts made in UK daylight hours plus the occasional alcohol-filled very late night contributions.

Then, typically we will get the occasional previously banned member who manages to reappear under a new name and new ISP who is only here to cause trouble, but those are usually wheedled out pretty quickly.

Mostly, thankfully, we seem to have a steady stream of very interesting threads and post from some very experienced anglers and other newer contributors.

Long may it remain so . . . .