Book launch

flightliner

Reaction score
This morning I attended the book launch of Jim Baxters book "The rising antennea" at the De Rhodes Arms just off the M1 at junction 30 some fifteen minutes from home.
Jim was sat there signing books for all there along with a veritable whos who of anglers who were, and still are household names in their day.
Besides seeing Jim for the first time in several years I was able to get my copy signed by John Dean, Dave Thomas, Johnny Essex, Terry Payne to name a few. Sadly one of the guys I wanted to sign had to go a short time before my arrival which was a little dissapointing.
I really enjoyed the event and managed to have a pretty long chat with Dave Thomas which was a great bonus.
I'm really looking forward to reading Jims book , one I,m sure that will be filled with valuable and informative information by guys who really did take float fishing to another level, guys who at the time really did seem to have the ability to walk on water.:)

ps -- Mark Wintle announced the launch a short time ago on FM.
Mark I tried to find your OP to add this to it but I couldnt find it.
Mike.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to getting my copy and it's good to hear that the event went well.

I'm looking forward to the Steve Gardener book launch next Saturday at Gold Valley; it'll be an improvement on the couple of hours I spent locating and hopefully fixing a water leak in the loft this morning!

See Calm Productions Angling Books for details of the books.

B

binka

So peeved that I missed this, I had every intention but never gave it a thought through the week and only remembered when I was on the river this morning.

And to top it all off I missed the invitation of a pint off Flighty, I may never get another opportunity like that in my lifetime :(

Really pleased it went well though :)

flightliner

Reaction score
Only in Nottinghamshire Steve-- up here in south yorkshire any offer thats missed is treated the same as unused minutes on a mobile phone - non transferrable ,

But I reckon I can make an exception for a Trent angler.