12 year old stole from me

nichalex

Reaction score
I have been regularly carping this week and a 12-year-old boy has been coming to see me. He has spent the about 4 whole days (10 to 6 o’clock) fishing with me and another angler. I did notice his tendency to lie and he became bit irritable, he's only 12 so I was nice to him. But on my last trip, I lost my baiting needle and today, my Gerber pliers. I had put them by my side after using them to cut pva, I casted out, sat down, he left and then I noticed they weren't there. So I looked top to bottom all around 3 times. I called my dad, he came with my special needs sister who looked around in the water and everywhere. It was obvious that he had taken them. I had them by my side and they are heavy and shiny, they don’t just disappear.

You may doubt that he took it but once he showed me a rig he “found” which looked similar to a rig the other fishing bloke uses, I told him it was his, he can came up with an excuse. And today, I used a homemade spod before he arrived, I didn’t work and broke mid fight, the bubble float floated to the bank. When he was with me, I picked it up, he told me it was his ! and that he lost it the other day. I not knowing what I know now, just laugh and ignored him.

He had come on a scooter so I knew he lived close by. After speaking to a group of boys, they gave me directions to his house, I went there. He was in the garden playing with his little sister. I asked if he had them. He started lying. And I can sniff easily a liar. I felt like he had experience in lying, this is not the first time he tried to lie. I asked to see his parents. He told me they were not in. I asked why the car was there, but then noticed there was no lights on in the house. I then asked which school he when to. He said he didn't know ! It wasn't going anywhere, so I said if he found to them, I wanted them back. I started driving off when a light switched on in the house, a window opened, with someone leaning out. So his parents were at home. I stopped the car, got out. A young bald man came out of the small wooden house, with his baggy trousers showing his pants, he walked up to me. I felt more frightened than reassured. But when he got closer, I saw the smile on his face and found humours the way he walked. He banged side to side, it looked more of a dance then a walk. He asked me what was up, I said “Hugo” had something that belonged to me. He said that he will ask him if he had them, so walked away and asked him. He came back and said “He (Hugo) says he hasn’t got it, if he finds it he will give it back” and walked away. And just like that hopes of retrieving them was over.

What annoys me is of course, is him having taking the folding pliers multi tool which are worth more than my bite indicators ! and was a onetime big gift from my sister as she got married that year. It also spoilt my day when actually it was great fishing. I landed 5 carp, one being over 20lb. I left at bite time in hopes of finding him. Oh, and I had great problems taking the hook out of the 20lb fish as he took my pliers ! And I put up with him being annoying to be rewarded with this !

It has been nice “letting off steam” writing this, so thank you to the forum.
I am sorry about this rant, but just frustrates that I am completely powerless and I will not retrieve what gave me great joy, I am not kidding when I say that I loved that multi tool. Memoires of it just keep popping up; I took it fishing with me all the time, the beach casting club named it Rambo...

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
A mon avis, quand le garcon revient la prochaine fois vous devez lui dire qu'il n'est pas le bienvenu!

Au fait vous ecrivez tres bien anglais! Tres bien!:)

mikench

Reaction score
Well I never! Sorry about that but certain nuances in your writing made me think you might be french! Anyway my comments are equally applicable in english. I assume the 12 year old was french! Good luck!

nichalex

Reaction score
I have been in France for a long time and interact with a lot of English speaking french people. AKA, I have been told that I speak frenglish

mikench

Reaction score
I never learned mandarin corvid!:) Do you want fried rice with that?

Last edited: