Getting old, it ain't good!

dicky123

Reaction score
Fishing yesterday feeding hemp and maggots, I had to reset up a float outfit, with new shooting.

I put the shot dispenser on the ground, and shook a few shot onto my bait lid box. I then spent the next five minutes trying to put a piece of cooked hemp onto the bloody line. I wondered why I couldn't find the little split in the No4 shot?:eek:mg:

seth49

Reaction score
Aye, getting olds no fun.
Beats the alternative though.:)

robtherake

Reaction score
Rolled over in bed last night to get some relief from sciatica on the right side, only to find that an old shoulder injury on the left is playing up again. I've never been able to sleep on my back either. If there is an Almighty he has a deeply weird sense of humour.:rolleyes:

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Rolled over in bed last night to get some relief from sciatica on the right side, only to find that an old shoulder injury on the left is playing up again. I've never been able to sleep on my back either. If there is an Almighty he has a deeply weird sense of humour.:rolleyes:

Yea know that one only too well :-( Need to get me one of those totally adjustable beds back knees the full job as in the hospital type electric beds the ONLY reason i like being in hospital the beds are top hole .

PG ..

robtherake

Reaction score
Yea know that one only too well :-( Need to get me one of those totally adjustable beds back knees the full job as in the hospital type electric beds the ONLY reason i like being in hospital the beds are top hole .

PG ..

We found an electrically-adjustable orthopaedic double bed (dual single) on Ebay - each side is independent and the slats can be tensioned individually. I forget the brand name (it's German), but it retailed at £8000 and we paid £450, so not out of reach to us commoners.;)

Last edited:

steve2

Reaction score
What is the average age of members on this website we all seem to be getting on a bit?
Wonder how many of us are paying the price of when winter fishing meant just putting on an extra pair of socks and a vest.
Me I am totally fit apart from back pain, shoulder pain, dodgy ankles and Knees and what my wife calls selective hearing.

paul80

Reaction score
Things to look forward or prepare for as you get old

Look after your knees, you will miss them when they are gone.

You can never trust a F@rt

Of all the thing in life you have lost you will miss your mind the most.

They say life begins at 40, but they forgot a couple of little words when they wrote that.

Life begins to fall apart at 40, well it did for me.

Lower back, hips, knees, lungs, eyes and mind all started failing at 40.

Paul